*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921217-Color-Her-Red---One-of-my-favorite-scene
Rated: E · Sample · Other · #1921217
This is a section from Color Her Red that I absolutely love. I hope you enjoy it
He pulls me in close, forcefully embracing me for a kiss. He leans into me, and whispers. “I will love you forever.”

I smile and let out a small teasing laugh.  He spins me again and again allowing my full ball gown of a dress to expand.  His hand gently caresses my waist pulling me towards him, pushing me away.  Lace is hugging my body and gravity pulls me outward. Soft loose curls are gently falling on my back.  I open my eyes and see his gorgeous face.  His blue eyes pierce into me with passion and endearing love.  He kisses me, gently biting my lip.  He smiles when I open my eyes.  And with a move of his arm I am twirling on the dance floor once again.  I am overwhelmed with pure happiness.  I close my eyes and wonder, how could life get any better? 



It can’t you fool.  And when you can’t go up, you must come down, crashing hard, smashing onto the cold concrete into a million shards of nothingness.



A chilling shudder runs through my body and I open my eyes, mid spin; I think I see a woman outside, not amidst the guests.  In that fraction of a second I thought I saw the silhouette of a woman tightly grasping her long white coat around her chest, glaring at us.  My smile disappears for a moment but on the second twirl around, I don’t see her.  I stand still, pushing him away.  The music stops, silence.  The warmth in the room is replaced by a cold, so cold that I’m immobilized.  I stare at the window.  Where did she go?  I feel her behind me.  ...

© Copyright 2013 Crystal L. Shaw (clshaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921217-Color-Her-Red---One-of-my-favorite-scene