*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921460-Taken
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1921460
( it is only 1 page and if it gets good reviews I'll write more)
The lights dimmed as Macy was walking home from work, one quiet night she hated calling this place home for her child and herself. Her husband left them three years ago and she didn't have enough money to move yet. She walked nervously down to her house and shut the door as quietly as she could so she wouldn't wake her son up. The house creaked and the floor was cracked and was breaking. A shadow came behind and hit her with a chair to try to knock her out.
She hit the ground with a Thud! and blood started to trickle down her eye and down past her mouth. Her son Andrew came down with a toy light-saber with eyes wide open looking at the intruder, then to look down at his mom with huge eyes. Macy looked up at him and tried to make him leave , but he stayed put. The intruder picked her up and she felt like a rag doll within his tight grip.
She tried to move, but the pain was still making it harder to move than ever. The only thing that she could do was scream, and the person covered her mouth and she stayed quiet. His hand smelled like drugs and alcohol and she started to feel dizzy. Andrew pushed his fear back and started to hit the man that was taking his mother.
The man pushed him back and he landed on his backside and wept. He screamed as loud as his lungs would let him "Mom!!!" Macy looked up and muffled a scream
"Andrew!!!" and the intruder dragged her away and out of sight. He cried again in his hands and he swallowed hard holding the light-saber and a key that the man dropped after he took his mom determined to find his mom again.
© Copyright 2013 panda234 (panda234 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1921460-Taken