*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922017-Timekeeper-part-7
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1922017
a boy finds himself pulled into a world thats not his own, where much is expected of him.
The end of nine and chapter 10 in a book I named Timekeeper where a boy finds himself pulled into a world that’s not his own, where much is expected of him. Friends turn to enemies as the boy is dragged deeper into the long dead world of Tithus discovering secrets that should have been left secret, medalling with powers that could lead to their own fall, just as the Timekeepers before them. Enjoy as the mystery unfolds...

Previously
She smiled “its ok,” and with that she died in Samuels arms.
The tears where flowing freely know and he began to sob uncontrollably hugging Charlotte’s corpse, he didn’t care if a hundred wraiths heard his cries he barely knew the woman but she had done so much for him and he could never repay her. He noticed his arm felt really hot and when he went to look he saw green veins shooting out from his clock drawing mazes around his arm
... he watched in wonder as his arm began to glow green then move into Charlotte.
He gasped, everything seemed to be rewinding and the blood that drenched the trench coat and clothes began streaming back into her through the gash, bones reformed with a sound like grated teeth. The cut then began to pull its self together leaving nothing but a faint scare to tell the story of her death.
She hopped her eyes confused, her eyes widened and she grabbed the revolver from its holster. BANG!
There was a loud thud and Samuel turned round spotting the Wraith that now lay dead meters behind him, a large whole in its chest.
“Saved your life,” She winked replacing the revolver
He laughed, helping her to her feat.
“Shhh don’t forget where we are!” She eyed the pile of Wraith parts, “you got some explained to do when we get back,”
He nodded over joined at the fact she was alive!
She motioned for them to move on and they began hasty but silently make their way home.
Chapter 10-Crystal
Charlotte knocked on the ship door. Lauren appeared in a matter seconds, opening the shutter, “You know what to do,”
They both quickly showed their eyes and Lauren let them in.
“See I told you she would be ok!” she said smugly.
Charlotte shook her head and showed her her tattered clothes, “I died,”
Lauren laughed “...and you fixed yourself,”
“No really I died; Samuel here has some explaining to do. The last thing I remember was lying on the floor in a lot of pain, blood gushing out telling him it was going to be ok,” They both turned to Samuel who was putting the gear away.
“What, my arm started to glow green and it healed Charlotte, cost me some time but I got plenty, I’m here all night.”
“You brought her back from the dead!” Laurens mouth dropped open.
“He killed a Wraith as well,”
“What! You mean stunned,”
“No, this one was not going to come back again,”
“And how did you do that?”
“Same way I healed Charlotte, couldn’t you two heal people and kill thoughts thinks when you where Timekeepers?”
“No...We could heal are self’s as you saw me try and do back their but we could not kill them,” Charlotte answered.
“Oh...”
“So does that mean your now human Charlotte?”
“Anything but, I think he recharged me!”
“Well lucky you, any way go get some new cloths and have a shower!” Lauren said shaking her head.
“What about me?” Samuel asked.
“You’re getting some training when Charlotte gets back, I know you can’t die but you’re more use to use alive.” She walked off back to the table and started fiddling with some sought of crystal.
“What you got their?”
“Haven’t got a clue, Ferric found it in the wreck of one of the big Wraiths recently,”
“Let’s have a look.”
She past it to him, the moment he touched the crystal it burst into colour, green light blinding them both, he dropped it staggering blindly back. “What was that?!”
They both looked at the crystal that now lay on the floor glowing a happy green. “What is it with you and surprises, first you kill a wraith, bring charlotte back to life and now this!” she looked at him eyes wide, “You’ve been here not even a day,”
He shrugged his shoulders picking up the crystal again, watching as it shone a blinding green his clock rapidly counting down, “Wow!” he dropped it back on the table, “Not cool, bad enough healing Charlotte now this, at least the Wraith gave me some juice,”
“Wait what? Your clock went up when you were touching the Wraith but down when healing?”
“Yeah?”
“You must have been absorbing the energy keeping the Wraith alive but with Charlotte you were using it up, so that means you’re charging the crystal...?” Suddenly the crystal started to shake, rattling the table.
“What now!”
Lauren had to duck to avoid the crystal as it shot off tearing through the ship walls.


Ferric and Charles walked soundlessly amoungst the fallen remains of Timekeepers and Wraiths alike making their way on the dusty dessert ground, the ruins towering over them. They had heard screaming not 5 minets ago echoing through the ruins. They where now making their way back clambering over the smashed carcase of a greater Wraith which had taken out a sky scraper when it crashed centuries ago making it the perfect stairway to the walkways that joined the standing ruins together, Its spine being the only part of it fully intact.
Ferric noticed something small shoot across his vision and into the greater Wraith. He grabbed his pistol motioning for Charles to do the same. They could hear something moving underneath them. And then it stopped.
Without warning the whole Wraith began to move, panels reforming. A Green spark ran down the length of its spine lighting up the rest of the body. Ferric and Charles rushed forward, bits of metal flying everywhere. The head that had rested on the walkway began to rise slowly; the two men made it to its face and jumped, flying through the sky, Ferric landed on the walkway rolling to a halt. Charles was not so lucky and would have skidded of the opposite side of the walkway if it weren’t for Ferric grabbing his arm and yanking him up.
The Wraith loomed over them, green mechanical eyes adjusting.
The two men scrambled to their feet and fled towards the building but the Wraith had come to its senses and pick out the two lads scampering across the catwalk. It roared green sparks forming in a ball in its cannon of a mouth.
Ferric was closing in on the building fear driving him on but Charles was lagging behind, “CHARLES RUN” he bellowed over the wailing of the cannon. The air was starting to become static, the ball of energy almost dragging them back. He dived into the building escaping deeper in.
There was a sudden silence, like the one you get before a storm, electrifying. Then the sound barrow broke deafening them as they got hurled forward everything around them shaking as the green ball tiered through the walkway, mercilessly smashing into the building. All Ferric could do was shield his face as bricks rebounded of him, sections of the ruin collapsing into the abyss below.
The Wraith took to the sky with a crawl, blocking out the sun, its tail taking out the tops of buildings.
“Charles!” Ferric stumbled out from under a pile of derby patting off the dust that coated him. “Charles, where are you!” Bits of the building where still falling off.
“Over here,”
Ferric walked into the next room and found Charles half berried under a metal beam. “You ok?”
“A few broken bones, help me get this beam of me will ya,”
Ferric grabbed the beam with two hands while Charles pushed and they managed to heave the heavy load off him and let him shuffle out before letting it crash back down.
He winced holding onto his belly. He put is arm over Ferrics shoulder and they both limped off.
“What was that thing?”
“You know Just as I do what it is, the question is how is it alive and how on Tithus are we going to kill it!”
“Don’t ask me, biggest thing we got is that revolver…” They came to abrupt stop at the edge of the building. The hall they would normally go down was gone replaced with a sere drop. “Great!”
This happened several times before they ended up making their way down to the ground floor, appearing back onto the dessert floor weaving between bits of building and machine hurriedly making their way to the centre of the lost city.
© Copyright 2013 Peter Davies (sammydavy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922017-Timekeeper-part-7