*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922351-A-Letter-to-John
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Emotional · #1922351
This was something I wrote about my ex and the affect he had on me.
Olivia

Copy Right © 2013
A letter to John

I begin to write This.I Close my paper eyelids & let it drip drop, I let the tear fall. If love is blind then the feeling I had was sightless. Infinite. At the same time I feel so full of oyster black night. Your sunshine warmth it’s no longer next to me. Today we’re no longer speaking. It feels like just yesterday you were lying, sapphire soul on the carpet; you were always restless when I held you in my arms. Your voice haunts me. Air whispering between birch bark windows "I love you."

"I love you back."

Everything seemed to fall just like that you held onto me and my crooked perfections. I felt so much love cutting underneath. It was enough to leave my diamond skin scarred. You were my heartbeat and heartbreak.

Now my metal hands quiver to feel your touch. Warm and comforting. You were the clock; the seconds, the minutes, the hours within me I had never felt that way. When you were with me I never felt like shattered glass. Broken. So While You slept in your checkered bed last night I wrote a letter to you
Dear, let’s call you John,
You lit a fire in my forest bones something no one could ever do; you kept me alive. Pure; But at the same time you left me feeling glass only half full. Empty. Bullet to my head. John, you shot away my Sunshine with just two words “It’s over”. I felt my insides crumble away. I pleaded that I didn’t become the bottle that breaks. I told myself to never trust my heart in someone else’s hands. I told myself don’t trust. Don’t get hurt.
© Copyright 2013 indigo.10 (indigo.10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922351-A-Letter-to-John