*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922378-Romantica-Lesson-A-1
Rated: 18+ · Assignment · Action/Adventure · #1922378
Three part class assignment
Part 1


Mr. Alonzo Sanchez

To the world Mr. Alonzo Sanchez appeared to be no more than the owner of Dream's Travel Agency. However, beneath the façade he dealt in illicit drugs. He was a good businessman, in his late-forties, lonely, since his wife’s death the year before. Despite the loss, business had been good at the Agency. Moreover it had been phenomenal with his illegal enterprises. He employed a housekeeper, Mrs. Fortuna and Louisa, a housemaid.

Louisa was a pretty young girl and Alonso was especially vulnerable to a love connection. He noticed her working around the house and began to take an interest. He was normally a cautious man but around Louisa allowed his macho self-image (Not underserved) and physical attraction to cloud what was ordinarily a keen intuition and sense of judgment. One night Alonso sent his staff home early and invited some of his Cartel friends over for dinner. After his associates left he discovered Louisa still working in the Kitchen. His initial response was anger but then he assumed she had stayed late looking for romance.

Ms. Louisa Rodriguez

Louisa was in her mid-twenties. She came from a Hispanic background and was raised in the Projects. Her mother was a single parent. She attended high school across town and got a scholarship to the University. There, she majored in Criminal Justice and graduated with honors. Afterwards she got a job in law enforcement, working undercover, for the State Bureau of Narcotics. She completed her training at the FBI academy at Quantico Virginia and worked several years undercover for both State and Federal Agencies. At twenty-four she was considered a veteran. In the process she’d become increasingly bitter and disillusioned. She felt herself being used in much the same way as her mother had been.

Louisa’s latest assignment was working undercover in Alonso’s home. The drug dealer had a strong and compelling presence that attracted Louisa despite the fact she didn’t want to get emotionally involved. Soon however, she began feeling the attraction she wanted to avoid and found herself drawn to the man she was supposed to incriminate.

Part 2

Romance is a conflict between expectations and truth. It is evidenced in a developing love relationship, usually between a man and a woman. It is a collision between the sublime and reality where fancy must be reconciled with the demands of every day living .

A romance can be a short story, stage/screed drama, or novel. It can be contemporary or historical. The key words are LOVE, INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP and CONFLICT.

When I read a romance novel I expect some variation of the Mystery or Action Adventure novel with an interpersonal emphasis. I expect more of an emotional, sensual and spiritual treatment in the relationships between the characters.

When I read Erotic fiction, I don’t expect much of a story line. Here I expect the stress to be placed on the physicality of the relationship, told vividly using clinical, graphic and physical imagery.

Bringing together the two schools requires the boldness to go behind the bedroom door without losing a compelling story line and the emotional and sensual aspects of the love experience.

Part 3 WC 997

Alonso and Louisa

Mr. Sanchez ran a travel agency. He actually made money at it, not a whole lot mind you but enough to cook the books for tax purposes. Actually the business was the front for his criminal activities. He was a wholesale distributor for the Medellin Drug Cartel.

Alonzo was in his late forties and had run his businesses with remarkable success. His off shore accounts made him rich by most standards. Still, he lived within the means afforded by his agency. A widower, he had a town house in an affluent middle class neighborhood.

His housekeeper, Mrs. Fortuna, managed the household. Louisa, her assistant, was a maid.

Alonso didn’t normally use his home for drug business, however, when several high-ranking members of the Cartel showed up he invited them over for the evening. He sent the staff home and his daughter served the meal. Following dinner they discussed business. After his associates departed he discovered Louisa still in the kitchen. Seeing her, made him angry at first but noting those mooneyes, he assumed that she’d stayed late looking for a little romance. After all, he reasoned, I’m not that old. He kissed her and she kissed back and matters would have gone further if she hadn’t become frightened. When she didn’t return to work the next day he questioned Mrs. Fortuna who informed him that her assistant had resigned.

Alonso called, wanting to make amends and talked Louisa into meeting him at an upscale supper club. He was seated at a corner table when she came in. The maître d' walked her over to where Alonzo stood holding a chair. When they were seated Alonzo spoke.

“Thanks for coming,” he said, placing a napkin on his lap.

“I came because…”

Alonso began motioning for some service. “Go on---.”

“…because I needed a reference.”

“Of course,” He waved again, irritated at being ignored. Nobody noticed and he gave up in disgust. Turning his attention he said, “I’ll write one tomorrow and leave it with Mrs. Fortuna.”

“Why did you want to see me?” she asked.

He found the words difficult to get out. “I wanted to apologize.”

“For what?”

“He was not used to subtle conversation and hesitated, searching for the right words. “For being too aggressive---, for assuming your willingness.”

“So you noticed my ‘Willingness.’” Her words hung, suspended with a bitter edge. She stiffened, waiting for him to say something.

“Why are you so--- combative?" he asked with a grimace.

“You're not the one I'm fighting."

He lowered his voice and in a softer tone continued, “Why did you run off on me?

Louisa didn’t answer right away. Finally, she shrugged, saying with a complete lack of conviction. “My honor I suppose, you know, my reputation and all that.”

He wasn’t satisfied. “Tell me about ‘All That.’”

“Well, since you seem clueless---, even a house-maid has her reputation to consider.”

“Huh?”

“Duh!” A maid needs a reference, not to mention what happens if the word gets out she’s loose with the man of the house.”

“So, a reference is all you want from me?”

She shrugged again, “You had something else in mind?”

The Waiter came up and took their order.

“You’ll always have a job with me, ” Alonso continued.

“And how long will that last?"

“What do you mean, ‘How Long?’

“Until the word gets out,” she said louder. “For God’s sake, you know what I’m talking about.”

Those seated around began looking up and taking note of their conversation.

“Please try and keep your voice down.”

She struggled to compose herself.

“I always let a lady decide the relationship, MS. RODRIGUEZ. I understand what ‘No,’ means. Didn’t I prove that to you last night?”

“You did, MR. SANCHEZ, you did. Perhaps I should curtsy and say thank-you. “

Alonso, was taken back.

“You still don’t get it do you?”

“What?”

Louisa fought to keep control but her bottom lip began to quiver. At last the words came out. “Saying ‘No’ was harder than I ever imagined,” she sniffled. “I’m not sure I could say it again.”

“Then you might have considered, ‘Yes,’” he answered, a little too harshly.

“Yeah, right!” she replied, struggling to speak quietly. “And how long will it be before you grow tired of me, or Mrs Fortuna gets wise? Either way I’m looking for a new job, probably without any reference at all.”

“You don’t know me very well.”

“Experience hasn’t made me stupid.”

Alonso could see a repressed anger smoldering deep inside. Louisa’s jaw was set in defiance as she wrung her hands. Her breath quickened and bust began heaving up and down. He remembered that tender moment the night before, how he fondled her breast, that glazed look as she yielded, pressing back with her stomach, her back arched in surrender. How they kissed---.

And Yes, the part he wanted to forget. That too! How he got carried away, ruining everything, taking her hips, his manhood surging and pushing her tight against the wall. The sound of her pleading as he reached beneath her skirt, the words still ringing in his ears--- “No! please stop, don’t do this to me." How he paused as she pushed away. His dismay as she turned and fled in tears.




Their meal came and Louisa took to hiding behind the food and utensils . She cut her steak into little pieces and carefully arranged the vegetables so they weren’t touching. Then she ate each portion before proceeding to the next. There was a protracted silence, each avoiding eye contact. Her respiration seemed faster than normal and from time to time her buttocks squirmed uncomfortably beneath the table.

Alonso broke the ice. “You’re attracted to me, aren’t you?”

Her attention remained focused on the plate. At length she began shaking her head. “This simply isn’t going to work. We come from different worlds. I’m just a minnow and you’re a big shark. “

He reached over and took her hand. “That’s not true.”

“Please Mr. Sanchez, Let me swim away, now before it’s too late?”

“You’re a romantic, Louisa,” he said condescendingly, “and you’re making this more dramatic than it needs to be. I’m a lonely man, you’re an attractive girl and we’re drawn together as men and women often are.”

She sat mute

“Look at me sweetheart.”

She raised her head.

“We both started out on the wrong side of the tracks.”

It was a telling comment. It was a common bond that offered hope to an impossible relationship. Her face got a vulnerable look. The space between them became charged with emotion. Alonso tried to lighten things up,--- to cut through the oppression.

“---Plus, there’s no reason you have to stay a house-maid all your life.”

She brightened.

“Can you cook?”




© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922378-Romantica-Lesson-A-1