*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922646-Time
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1922646
A story of time lost or wasted
LOST TIME



People are always trying to make up for lost time. Why? The truth is you did something else with your time. You may decide later that the opportunity you skipped was more valuable then what u did in the first place but you didn't lose the time. The strange thing about time is we spend more time fretting over what's done and gone that we lose what time we have.



I can tell you one thing. If I spent more time pounding out words and less time worried about time my first novel would be written. It actually was finished by my writing buddy the one person in the world I shared it with but I lost time because I waited for him to like it. When He panned it and said it belonged in a trash bin I believed him so I dropped and last November he finished the thing and is giving it out as a sample of his work,



You lose time trying to be cool. You think we'd get over the need but we don't especially the crazy group known the world over as writers. I just this very day learned that if it's meant to be it will be if not then move on or you'll lose more time. Time is way to important to lose. Skip other people it's you who matter not them. Live for you make your statement to the world. Other people don't matter in the end. Take it from me. Nothing and no one goes with you in the final edit. When your story is up is up it's up. Do I sound maybe a bit bitter. Well there is one other thing you should know about me. This morning I was found dead. I'm outta time don’t waste yours.
© Copyright 2013 missmary (marywheels at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1922646-Time