*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923240-Unrequited
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1923240
Daily Flash Fic Challenge. Brooke is in love with Sam but Sam doesn't approve of gays.
It was yet another Monday at work. Brooke walked passed Samantha’s office, heart beating faster.  The door was closed door so she continued, this time trudging, to her own office. She sighed, her unhappiness overflowing from her chest into her breath.

Brooke worked, looking over paper after paper, ensuring no errors were in the documents. Lunch hour came up and she stared at her phone in anticipation. A half hour later, as she was about to give up and feed her growling stomach, saddened yet again, her phone rang. It was Sam.

“Hey Sam, what’s up?” Brooke’s cheerful voice didn't convey any of her shaking hand or nervous energy.

“Wanna go grab some lunch at the club?” was Sam’s reply.

Brooke nodded furiously , “Yeah, now?”

“Yup, now. Is that all right?”

If only Sam knew that anytime was all right and that she would do anything with and for Sam. At least that’s how she felt. “That’s fine. I’m heading to your office.”

Brooke found it strange how much she wanted to eat with Sam. It wasn't as if she had much to say. On Mondays she often asked the same question, as she did today, “How was church yesterday?”

Sam looked up from the bread rolls, “The Boy Scouts are talking about changing their rules and allowing openly gay members. It’s ridiculous how the gays want to be given special treatment and want to publicly show their off their sinful preferences. There was a talk on it.”

Brooke nodded, sadness apparent on her face. “I see.”

Sam watched Brooke with concern, “What’s the matter?”

Slowly, Brooke replied, “I’ll be leaving soon. I’ll be submitting my letter of resignation today. I’ll miss you. You've been a good friend. But I think I’ll be happier if I moved on.”
© Copyright 2013 Nothing Eternal (nothingeternal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923240-Unrequited