*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923478-My-first-story
Rated: E · Short Story · None · #1923478
just a part of my life which i wanted to narrate to make others to think
Few days ago during my final semester, I was so baffled with the subjects I have to learn which I missed during class hours, just changed the settings of my neighbor’s modem ,which was my only source of connecting to internet, which was a great mistake of my life , which made his unsecured network useless for me.

Then I fortunately completed my college life, sitting in home searching jobs.  I asked my dad for a net connection, he said, no to me and stressed that I would get addict to net, I was in dismay. He was right after all by seeing what I am doing now. I know that my neighbor is still unaware of his unsecured network, whenever I see his unsecured network displayed on my laptop’s dialogue box, I felt quickened to connect to it, but it was in vain. So I surfed a lot and fell apart and found out a plot to connect to his network. In fact, I was aware of the danger behind it, which may lead to spend few months behind bars.

Every day I used to wake up before 7o’clock and just give a glimpse on his home. I sometimes see him (neighbor) in his bed room, no-no, don’t smile you pervert, he is a black and short guy, which made me feel that he wasn’t aware of any security breech, then during night I have seen him coiffure his bed for more than 20 min, this asserted my opinion on him .I went ahead and found his land-line no. ,which was really tougher than I expected ,he was well disciplined in giving his address ,then I planned to call the BSNL office and file a complaint in disguise of my neighbor from a PCO and file a complaint that I was unable to connect to my modem with new bought cell phone(with wifi). I thought that would trigger the BSNL officers to set the things right so that I could connect to his home network after that. But, that plan had a drawback, the BSNL officer may ask for a cell phone no. for further enquiry after their repair work.

Here comes the master mind, my friend whose number, I thought to give to the BSNL office. I thought to inform him about the plot before using his number. so that he won’t blur with the BSNL officer.

When I said the plot to my friend, he ran his pants down his hip, wasn’t ready for the task. but he directed me to carry out another plan , which was a great plan so only I call him master mind ,his plan wasn’t so complicated as mine .the plan was to call my neighbor and speak to him as BSNL officer and make him change his settings on his own . This was easy after all, which made me to get back the control over his unsecured network once again.

But, even this plan had some lapses. I was so eager to connect to his unsecured network, which made me to overlook certain issues. I called my neighbor after  6 o’clock in the eve and said, “I am calling from BSNL office and need to install some high stage settings in your computer so kindly follow the steps. “, in a deceptive voice. I thought he would obey me, but he said, “My computer is switched off and it may take 15 min for switching it on.” I said, “OK sir, I will call u back after 15 min “, and I cut the call. Then I called him after 15 min exactly, this might have triggered the doubt cells in his mind. he attended the call , before I could talk any other word with my voice sounding “hello “, he asked me a question , “how can I believe you as a BSNL officer ?”, in a domineering voice . This made me to skip some heart beats, but I gained some courage and said, “We will send you a mail, sir.” in an appalled sound. But, he wasn’t convinced with my answer, I was feeling like answering to a viva – vice question during my practical exam. Then before I could utter any word, he said, “I have a friend working in BSNL, will call him and inquire first, you may call me later in the morning.”I said ok and cut the call. for next few minutes I was thinking of calling him the next day but, then I recalled the scene which I had seen once ,his kid was talking in a cordless phone , I forgot to breathe . Then I thought it might lead to call tracing. So I immediately went down and cut my phone line, which might expel the investigation in future. But, I was still afraid, because mere cutting of line wouldn’t help.

Three days passed , I was still keeping an eye on my  neighbors home for any drastic reaction , nothing happened ,then one day I saw a girl (must be his relative) using his computer ,I was sure she was surfing as I saw the name of his network displayed in my system . I immediately took my bike and went to a nearby PCO, this time correcting my own mistakes which I did last time , as expected the girl attended the call and said hello in an addict voice .then I disguised as BSNL officer and said the steps ,she followed me and didn’t even ask me any question . That’s it I came back home and started to use my neighbors unsecured network. Now I am using it to upload this blog



© Copyright 2013 kaunkumar (kavinhuh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923478-My-first-story