*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924203-Behind-gold-eyes---Prologue
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1924203
'What are those eyes made of?' Just how far is Dathaniel willing to go to find out.
         Golden eyes shone with more shine than any coin in the world. They hold a secret that is buried deeper than any tree root can go. But above all else they were filled with a hunger that could never be satisfied. Where do the eyes go when they disappear? Who or what do they belong too? And what is it that they desire? Dathaniel longs to know, he needs to know. The mystery itches at him begging and pleading he find the answer. But what is the price? Will he be willing to pay?



One step is all it will take to find the answer, one small motion to open a door that should stay closed. With a deep breath and a surge of pride and courage that step was taken and along with the eyes of gold Dathaniel was gone. His feet taking cautious steps inte black abyss. Tree branches tugged and scratched at the boy as he wandered aimlessly in the direction he thought the golden eyed creature went. Although the day was only near noon the woodland was blacker than a moonless night. Barely a foot infant of Dathaniel was visible but that did not stop the boy.



Nearing his limit Dathaniel warp about to give in when a sweet sound echoed about his head. The sound so memorizingly beautiful the whole world stopped to listen. It was near just in reach and Dathaniel leaned for it. Just a few development and he will see his prize and hear the answers to his endless questions. One, two, three more feet. Just ahead an opening appeared and revealed the creature he searched for.



Gold eyes bury deep inside as cold hands wrap tightly around flesh.
© Copyright 2013 Raine Dycer (netherway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924203-Behind-gold-eyes---Prologue