*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924840-Dalia
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Romance/Love · #1924840
The first few pages of a story that is taking form..


Chapter One


Dalia Holmes starred at her reflection in the mirror. Wearing an olive green lace panel cocktail dress and gold strappy heels that her best friend Noelle picked out showcased her natural assets more than she would have liked. “I can’t go out like this Noelle. I’m going to go change,” she said to her. “Over my dead body! You look hot in this dress and besides how are you going to get laid if you wear one of your frumpy outfits” Noelle retorted. “My outfits are not frumpy. Hey what do you mean get laid? I don’t need to get laid,” Dalia answered back. “Really! When were the last time you got laid?” Noelle asked. Dalia opened her mouth to respond and nothing came out. “That’s a damn shame! But don’t worry I’ll be fixing that tonight. I should get an award for being such a great best friend. Don’t you think?” Noelle said. “And the award for pimping out one’s best friend goes to Noelle Collins” Dalia said in her best presenter voice. “Laugh now, but I know you will thank me later for forcing you to wear this dress” Noelle said. “If I must wear this dress, do you like my hair down or up?” Dalia asked. “Wear it down so I can curl it a bit,” Noelle reply.

Noelle went to work on Dalia’s hair and then move on to makeup. After putting on the finishing touches, Dalia went back to starring at her reflection. “Oh Wow!” she exclaimed. Noelle had curled her hair in such a way it fell down her back in a layered style. The last time Dalia looked this amazing was on the night of her prom. Dalia was a knockout with green eyes and creamy complexion, wavy black hair that hung down to her back, and curves in all the right places. Noelle was just as beautiful as her best friend. At 5’8’’, 2 inches taller than Dalia, Noelle Collins turned men’s heads whenever she entered the room. She had sharp blue eyes, curly blonde hair that reached to her shoulders and thick lips. Standing beside Dalia, Noelle wore a black hugging dress that wrapped at the waist, forming a V at the neckline. Outside of Dalia’s apartment, a horn beeped loudly. “That must be the cab,” Noelle said. Dalia and Noelle grabbed their clutches and got into the cab.

The cab ride was only twenty minutes long, which give the girls plenty of time to come up with rescue signals. As the cab pulled up on the corner of 22nd street, Dalia and Noelle could see a line filled with scantily clad bodies. “I hope that is not the line to get into Dolce Vito,” Noelle exclaimed. The cab pulled up to the entrance to let the girls out. “Keep the Change,” Noelle said to cab driver as she and Dalia exited the cab. Noelle had never been to Dolce Vita but had overheard a girl from her country club raving about it. “We do not have to wait in that long line. I called ahead today and reserved a table,” Noelle said. As the girls walked towards the bouncers, they heard lots of whistling and got lots of evil glared from the scantily clad ladies.

Walking into the lounge the girls couldn’t help noticing how upscale the place looked compared to the outside. On each walls held flat screen TVs that showed music videos. On the right side of the lounge were black leather couches close to the wall with glass tables in front of them. There was a VIP section that was roped off in the far right corner and a set of stairs leading to the second level floor. The dance floor was packed with bodies gyrating to the hottest music being spin. “Stay close to me” Noelle yelled to Dalia while grabbing her hand and moving to the bar. As they neared the bar, different men trying to buy them drinks surrounded them.
Noelle was in her element. “Tonight is going to be fun,” she thought. Dalia ordered a Malibu-pineapple her favorite drink and scanned the bar. While Noelle was busily flirting with a really attractive guy, Dalia scanned the bar and slowly drank her Malibu-pineapple. She noticed a very attractive man sitting in the VIP section.

Max Dumont sat in the VIP section drinking whisky and ignoring the desperate women that were sending him signals all night. This morning he had a bad day in the office and needed a little fun. Swirling the glass in his hand, he scanned the lounge looking for someone who could help take the load off his bad morning. His eyes were drawn to a pair of very sexy legs in gold strappy sandals. As his eyes travel up her body, he felt desire. “She’s definitely the one to take the load off,” he thought. Max down his whisky and headed to the luscious woman at the bar.
Dalia noticed that the attractive man was heading her way. Her pulse quickens, and she could feel her heart beating faster. Dalia scanned the room one more time looking for an escape route. “Dang it I’m stuck” she said to herself. Dalia tried getting Noelle’s attention but her friend was already French kissing a guy. “ Act smooth,” she scolded herself. Max reached Dalia, took her drank from her hand, set it down and pulled her onto the dance floor.


Chapter Two

Ring. Ring… Noelle stretched her arms out to turn off the loud noise but came up empty. She opened her eyes and noticed that one, she was not in her room, two, and she was naked. She heard a shower running and instantly jumps out of bed, frantically searching for clothes. The loud ringing noise was coming from her cellphone in her purse. She heard the shower stop and froze for a moment. She had two options, one, act casually or two get the hell out. The second option was sounding so much better. Noelle grabbed her purse, her shoes and was high tailing out of the room when a sexy voice said, “Going somewhere”.
Noelle turned around and gasped. The sexy voice belonged to a very sexy man wearing only a towel. She couldn’t help staring at his chiseled abs and the way the towel hung on his hips. Just looking was wetting her.











© Copyright 2013 Gentlebird (gentlebird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924840-Dalia