*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925138-when-the-leaf-withers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by lkg
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1925138
blossoms never last a life time....
Im in that phase of my life were blossoms bloom with lingering fragrance....sunrays peep through the opaque blinds,the dew seems soft on weary legs after a chase,and basking in the golden sun seems to bear a Midas touch.but one fine day as i walk lazily through the blanket of green grass covered with dew a sad sight meets my eye.some withered old leaves lie awaiting to be crushed by my feet,but worse i also see some tender leaves plucked by some rude brat breathing their last.the sight sends me into a lingering thought process as i rest on the bench beside.was i dreaming till now?Isn"t this reality waiting to knock me over?
Most of the time we spend our lives in our little world surrounded by our whims and fancies,likes and dislikes,and criticisms are met with severe discontentment till one fine day we realise how short our lives are.are we living full lives?.could we do better?instead of being  a Narcissus it would surely pay dividends if one bothered to look around,deeds shall meet the searching eyes,deeds that on accomplishment shall give u a mind brimming with satisfaction than otherwise,...and thus wisened i alighted from the bench ,an enlightened soul...
© Copyright 2013 lkg (gayilkg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925138-when-the-leaf-withers