*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925426-Mr-Nohlan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by JKS
Rated: 18+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1925426
Created for the Tales of terror contest. The family is not happy... not happy at all.
  His eyes were staring upwards as if dead, but I knew better.

  “Now then…”, I told Mr. Nohlan, “I’m guessing I have your full attention.”. The man didn't answer, which was to be expected. After all I had given him a muscle relaxant that made him totally paralyzed, and secondly his throat was now occupied by a plastic tube to keep him breathing.

“Good, I take your silence as a yes” I couldn't help myself saying with a smirk. I had dressed myself in a classical white doctors coat for the occasion and it always made me feel elegant and, superior in a fashion. I even had a stethoscope hanging around my neck just for the sake of it; Mr. Nohlan was connected to a heart rate monitor and it told me all I needed to know. It told me he was alive which, to me, was most crucial. I remembered one time long ago when I hadn't used such a device and later discovered that the client had been dead during my whole show! That, had really pissed me off.

  “You know… the family told me that you might have a heart condition that needs taking care of… I beg to disagree, I think your heart is that of an ox's!”, I faked a sigh, “But then again… can’t argue with the family, right? Have to make sure.”, I bent forward and whispered confidentially in Mr. Nohlans ear, "Personally I think it's something to do with your brain... wouldn't you agree?", my voice almost none audiable, "I might have time to check on that later, with the cameras off." I gave a smile and retreated from my bent down position.

The foreplay is what I love best. I’m not a woman, but I think, in a sense, I know exactly how they feel when being robbed of such pleasures by insensitive men. They fuck you and then it’s all over before it even started. I know how I felt that time when I had to cut things short, just to get the job done; It wasn't a pleasant feeling at all. But today would be marvelous!

  I went over to a trolley made out of galvanized steel. Its flat surface was the keeper of all my children; yes, that’s what I call them, the instruments that I love as such.  Martin, Gregory, Dale, Javid, Lorenz, the list is long, but I love them equally… or so I tell them although every father has his favorite. My favorite child is Morgan, a scalpel that has never failed me, never let me down or made me regret the time we spent together. Morgan is almost always the first and last instrument to touch the flesh of my client and today would, probably, be no different. I let my hand pass over all of my children and for a second my hands trembled, endorphins coursing through my veins. The first pick… God how I loved this part! Which would it be, which would be picked, which would get the honor… but of course, I already knew.

  “Let me introduce to you…”, I held the instrument in front of his staring eyes, “Morgan. I can assure you, the honor is all yours.” I nodded sincerely. “As not to rob you of any details in the forthcoming pleasures, I have arranged a mirror above your head. It is of a convex nature and so you should be able to observe everything that happens.”, and I couldn't help teasing, “If you have any suggestions don’t be afraid to point them out. We’re all about customer satisfaction here.”

  Without further ado I pressed the scalpel to his skin and made an incision all along the center of the breastbone. The center lacks muscles and is the best way to go. Using a scalpel seldom created much pain and I noticed no reaction in my clients heart rate. But as always, I felt reluctant to let go of Morgan so quickly and I continued to make several more incisions next to the first, so as to get good exposure when it was time for Buzz to make his appearance.

  Now that the sternum was well exposed I would have to let go of Morgan for a time. Yes, this was now a job for Buzz. I looked over my shoulder towards the trolley. My hate love for Buzz always fascinated me. It was a tool that needed a power source and as such, was unreliable. The feeling of being second in control mixed, and blended with the feeling of awesome power when the blade cut through bone and muscle as easily as cutting butter. Yes, Buzz was an electrical saw with a blade made for this type of situations; But he was pretty new amongst the children and before his time I had been using Ben, a manual saw with great capabilities. Ben was great, but Buzz... Buzz just blew you away!

  I carefully put Morgan in a shallow sink filled with lukewarm water, before heading over to Buzz. As always, my hands trembled for a second in ecstasy before settling down.

  “This is Buzz…”, I held the electrical saw in front of Mr. Nohlan’s eyes, “which to you…”, I pushed the button that made Buzz “BUZZ” to life, “might seem pretty obvious and ridiculous… Am I right? You’re thinking… He’s named it so because it makes a buzzing sound like a buzz saw, how simple minded can you get…”, I pushed the button again making the saw buzz, “That however, is not true. This blade oscillates where as a buzz saw rotates. I named him buzz because it gives me a buzz of excitement whenever I use him…” I looked at Buzz for a moment giving the tool my full attention. It was a sleek piece of machinery, ready for work at the touch of a button. “But enough with the introductions, we’ll have plenty more of that as we go along. Just remember all the names… it will be on the test.” I gave a small chuckle and moved to stand in a more suitable position for working Buzz.

  “Here it goes… you might want to close your eyes, if you’re a sensitive guy that is.” Then Buzz cut straight down the middle of the sternum dividing the ribcage. This procedure caused slight change in my clients heart rhythm, and the pain he must be feeling made me salivate, wishing for more bone to cut. It was over all too quickly, although I knew the next part would be even more satisfactory.

  “There we go, nice and clean. That wasn't so bad, was it?”, I felt obliged to add, “Not as bad as you hurt the family… Right?”. The family… I loved the family! It had taken me under its wing when no one else wanted me. It had nurtured me back to life and given me back my dignity. This fucker here had betrayed the family, and that, you only did once. I looked towards the camera that I had placed in a good spot so as to capture the event. I wasn’t good with technology, but the clarity and awareness one got from these 3D cameras was just amazing… it was as if you were almost reliving the event when watching the replay.

  I turned my gaze upon Mr. Nohlan again, “Say goodbye to Mr. Nohlan Buzz…”, then in a fake voice behind the electrical saw I said, “bye bye Mr. Nohlan”. I disconnected Buzz from the power outlet, put the blade in the same sink as Morgan and made my way to the trolley where I carefully put the motor part of Buzz down. I glanced at the retractor that is used for slowly spreading the ribcage apart but refrained from picking it up. If I picked it up I had to use it, that was the law I had inflicted on myself. The family had specifically requested me not to use it. Instead I picked up a pair of robust, blue surgical gloves. I slowly put them on savoring the sensation of the material rubbing against my hands. I returned to the ever so non-talkative Mr. Nohlan.

  “I have no introduction for you this time I’m afraid… It’s just me and my two gloved hands…This part could get pretty messy, so I would recommend you to close your eyes for this part…”, I smiled and added, “If you’re a sensitive guy that is…”



© Copyright 2013 JKS (jeks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925426-Mr-Nohlan