*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925553-Should-art-be-taught-in-public-schools
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #1925553
should art be taught in public schools? why or why not?
The word art is derived from an ancient Indo-European root which means “to fit together”. As we can see from its meaning, art is about fitting things together. Words, images, thoughts etc. art is a skill of Odysseus, the intimate learning of materials is a carving by Renaissance master Benevenuto Cellini, the igneous genius of a Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Edison or computer visionary Douglas Engelbart. In short you don’t see arts only in galleries and museums; it is woven into the warp and woof of a whole culture. Bohannon, an anthropologist analyzing art and communication, suggests that art is one of the means of generating cultural images to perk up the subtle appreciation and boost communication. He says that part of a course of maturation for humans is learning to communicate what one perceives, symbolizing from our experiences with sensory reactions and things, we develop the image for social interaction, communication and outline of culture.

Arts play an important role in the educational development of students. Arts not only keep and convey out cultural heritage while opening us up to other societies and civilization around the world, but it also help us to explore what it means to be human, both the ethical and aesthetic dimensions. If on one side science and technology helps us to answer the questions of “what” and “how”, on the other hand arts and humanities gives us ways to tackle the intangible, to mull over the “why”, to visualize, to create. It’s time that our leaders start to put out talks into actions and initiate to build educational institutions that seek to develop youth’s enthusiasm and ability to learn the  enchantments of arts.

Cutting arts programs would be a immense loss for every student. Whether you are purely more artistic or not, learning how to sense creatively is a very vital skill. Kids who are drawn into the arts tend to view things more innovatively and are more concerned about their overall school work and success. As Arizona’s state superintendent of public instruction says, “there is lots of evidence that kids immersed in the arts do better on their academic tests”.

This means of thinking can make learning more pleasant, and logically, this would motivate learners to do well in school. Art education is school undeniably is a competent way to inspire tomorrow’s creative thinkers to produce an incredible motivating environment to show and use inner artistic talents. Art is a educational tool used to build up students learning. Children are breathing solely within the boundaries of their mental images while in conceptual activities. Conceptual thinking is where we get new ideas, problem solving, reflection, as well as creative thinking to occur. In order to stir this part of brain, it is very important to accelerate it with the help of the pictorial, sculptural element, through drawing, model ling and painting. It is the art that have the mission to bond growing children with their active, energetic and creative selves.

In my opinion every child ought to study, design and draw right along with reading, writing and arithmetic. If ever there were a time to raise those skill in our young people, it is now when our country’s future depend on our creativity and our potential to understand and value the cultures around as much as reading and math. We need to reconsider the principles we are using and put creativity back into learning. .

I deeply believe that learning the education of arts is a deal for all of us, from the habitat and the family to the neighborhood, from the primary school to higher education to lifelong learning, terminating in the great and defining legacy of our public culture. I believe arts should be taught in public schools and let students relish the true values and knowledge that can only come from a study of the arts.

© Copyright 2013 momna hassan (momnahassan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925553-Should-art-be-taught-in-public-schools