*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927302-Game-of-the-Angels
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Fantasy · #1927302
They knew how to test her without her knowing; but it was a cruel game for a girl her age.
The feeling crept up on me slowly. I felt as though I would be sick, but I told myself I could fight it down. At least, until it escalated so suddenly that I knew I needed to leave. I unfolded my arms, moved to raise one of them, but I never got the chance.
Mrs. Stratton's face at the top of the room disappeared as my vision was filled with nothing but the colour blue. The sick feeling in my stomach turned to butterflies. Green and yellow sparks began twinkling at the edges of my vision and swirls of gold and silver twined through the blue, looking like silk ribbons. My head spun, my arms and legs tingled, and the swirling colours before me began making me dizzy.
Panic made it hard to think. I wrapped my arms around myself and doubled up, whimpering involuntarily as every part of my body seemed to freeze from the inside. My teeth began chattering. I shut my eyes tight, but the colours were still there, swirling and twinkling and freaking me out. I felt like I was going to faint. Maybe I already had fainted, and this was just some weird dream. I hoped that was what it was, though something at the back of my mind told me that it wasn't.
The cold increased, becoming painful. The butterflies in my stomach became so bad I was certain that I would vomit any second now. My limbs tingled again, and just as I thought I was going to go insane, everything went white, so bright and sudden that I was momentarily blinded. However, shapes began forming before my eyes, and I eventually made out the classroom. It was completely silent. My classmates were staring back at me, bewilderment on their faces. Mrs. Stratton was watching me closely, looking panicked. "Lynn?"
The moment she spoke my name, the very second she shattered the silence, a violent shudder went through me, and I cried out and leaned over my desk, eyes closed, gritting my teeth. The windows to the right of the room exploded outwards, and my head snapped up again to look. Everybody screamed. As fear took over, the classroom became chaotic, full of screaming, panicking teenagers. Litlle did we know that the worst was yet to come.
© Copyright 2013 Megan De Roiste (megz110 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927302-Game-of-the-Angels