*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927714-Length-of-depression
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Dark · #1927714
How does depression start..?
Do you ever wander how long it takes someone to become depressed? To break down. To give up. Stop caring, stop trying. They become fatigued and loose the ability to give a fuck about anything. Even trying to hide the fact that they are this way. From their parents. From children. From their spouse, or their friends. How long does it take for this painful process. This lack-thereof process.

I guess you could say it depends on the person. Maybe it takes a year. Maybe it takes a month. Maybe ten years. A lifetime.  It is not a fast process. A person has that hope that keeps them going. And then they get dumped on over and over and over again. And that hope is ripped out of their hands. And they slowly begin the lack-thereof process. They start to becomeā€¦ depressed.

Yes. Depression. The dreaded loony word. Crazy freak. Lazy bastard. Then you become the depressed one. Step in the other shoes. Do a 180. You are now the weirdo.  How does it feel? How is it being the self-centered piece of.. that can't get off your ass to help even yourself? Now do you understand? Added on stress. More guilt. Stressss. Stop stressing. Stress about stressing. Cycling. Where does it end? Is there a lapse where you can sneak out of depression? A day to feel happy. Heck, and hour. Truly happy hour. Food. Memory loss without food adds on stress. 

So if you ever wander how long it takes someone to become depressedā€¦ You just kind of wake up one morning, normal. Then something, no, everything sets you off.
© Copyright 2013 RaegenNikle (reaganclark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927714-Length-of-depression