*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927750-Stress
by 13liss
Rated: E · Other · Self Help · #1927750
Just a self-help or philosophical style of writing.
Stress is an obstacle few overcome, and fewer accept. To accept stress is to emancipate ourselves from its power to weaken mind and body. Acceptance of stress comes when you feel stressed and yet can return to normality at whim, possibly with the help of an additional hobby, objects etc. Whereas overcoming stress is to merely power through and achieve your goals with the emotion.

Willpower is the border between success and failure, and stress is its intolerant border patrol. But stress can also be a driving force, even a causational force, comparative to religion in its power to influence humanities progress.

However contrary to the world men have nurtured into existence, stress does not withhold power based on trivial factors such as gender, colour or age. It is merely the weak who will fall from stress, hidden under the unsubtly glorified term natural selection. But note the unbiased form that nature takes does also come with sacrifice, the sacrifice of choice. As we cannot choose who nature takes, although we have sadly largely skewed the percentages.

Stress is formed in the same part of the brain as intellect. But this could mean a multitude of things, each more depressing than the last. First off is that stress causes people to be to intelligent (I actually find this one encouraging as I like silver linings haha) which seems plausible as discomfort makes people strive to achieve. To counter that it may mean that intelligence causes stress, which I imagine to be similar to radioactive waste being produced as a bi product from nuclear reactions, which needless to say it sucks to have a fallback to a goal. Finally it could mean that intelligence allows us to perceive the world as what it is, in this case a stressful place. A nice expression to justify that last one is ‘Ignorance is bliss’.

To round it off with a positive message if your feeling stressed, it’s probably because you are engaging the world as it is and are still achieving your goals!
© Copyright 2013 13liss (13liss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927750-Stress