*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928016-What-is-happening-to-that-feeling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Young Adult · #1928016
I'm losing something close, strangely i'm glad, but I shouldn't be
Hello there one and all, right now it is 21:03 pm on Monday the eighth of April 2013 (duh) and since I have not been updating any poem recently, just because I just don't feel anything properly to write about, i'm hoping when Summer comes around i'm hoping to set aside an hour a day for nothing but listening to music and writing anything really, i've got some ideas for a book that i'm basing on "ghost girl watched me" that I wrote last year, if you haven't read it, here is the link for you if you haven't.

http://www.Writing.Com/main/view_item/item_id/1910558-Ghost-girl-watched-me

Well, better get down to business about what the hell i'm going on about today, so... Buckle in and get ready for another journey... Into my head.


Earlier in the year, I went during my half term break to Dubai for a week, my older brother lives out there, so I get free accommodation whenever I head out there (hopefully again in October). I was so glad for a break, as school work was getting bloody annoying, and I was glad to just throw it down, and get away. Now Dubai is a mostly Muslim country, but this didn't really bother me, as I don't frankly care about what anyone believes because... Well I just don't, but I noticed something when out there... Even when there are Mosques everywhere, woman dressed in "traditional (PAH) burka's, and you hear calls to prayer five times a day... You would not even notice... It really strange because everything is hidden in plain site in a way, you just don't seem to notice the Mosques unless they are pointed out to you, you go to one (which I did) or you are actively looking for them, you see women in Burka's in London all the time, and the calls for prayer are often over the radio or PA systems, so you don't really notice them, I only heard them (in the Seven days I was there) four times? Maybe five i'm not sure, but it's around that.

Sadly all good things must come to an end, and before I knew it, I was back in Northern Ireland, and back to my church activities (that was my only social life), but I began to notice something when I was back... I could think for myself, and no longer fear what people from church think... I could listen to what I want without feeling guilty (There is a man I know that listen's to Death Metal, but cries out to God fro repentance when he is done, as he feels guilty), I could say what I wanted (I was afraid to express myself, even when writing, and (most importantly) I could think what I liked, without the Man in charge finding out; and let me tell you my audience... I have NEVER been happier

Now I better make this clear, I have not lost my faith, or anything like that, but I have chose not to live in fear anymore of upsetting the leaders at the club any more, because i was afraid of tarnishing my "reputation" down there, now I live for myself and God, no one else, maybe forever, who knows what will happen down the long leaf covered road in my life.


Wow I expected this to be longer, glad it's not, as I have things to do, but anyway; thank you very much for reading, and I hope you have an amazing day

Michael


(I may update this at some point, so let me know if you want to hear anything else in this vein, and i'll try to include it)
© Copyright 2013 MaxwellKarterbell (brightguy01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928016-What-is-happening-to-that-feeling