*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928344-Beginning-of-the-End-and-Back-Again
by Sar
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1928344
What happens when everything you know is turned upside down
The words stole my breath away while I was sitting in the doctor's office.  “We can hope for the best, there are no guarantees that she will see again.”  I knew that I was expected to be terrified but I only went through the motions, It was all I could do.  I didn't understand what was being said, I didn't want to.  The meaning in the words was too foreign to pace so I didn't.  It's not me they're talking about, I thought.  It's some other person that they are dealing with. It's not me, It can'
t be me, it is not me- whjat are they saying?

I wouldn’t let myself believe that I wasn’t healthy.  Three weeks ago I'd been ice skating, acing classes; it wasn't
me they were talking about.  I was following my crush; I was laughing hysterically with my friends.  The doctors had to be wrong.  Played field hockey. I had incredible eyes. I “had it all”  It just couldn’t be me.  Let me tell you, my perception of “it all” has sure changed.

I was extremely sick when I arrived in the first eye doctor'
s office in March of '00.  My right eye was quickly losing vision.  After multiple eye doctors I went to a neurologist.  The reason?  My better that 20/20 vision was now completely gone.  At 16 I couldn’t see a thing. I  rememb er the eye doctor had told me that it would clear up in a month or two.  “Optic Neuritis” they had assured me.  If only it was that simple.
© Copyright 2013 Sar (sarahbtutun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928344-Beginning-of-the-End-and-Back-Again