*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929656-Silent-Rex
by Blue
Rated: 13+ · Other · Crime/Gangster · #1929656
A descriptive short story of a murder....
Rex woke to the sound of hushed whispers and the feel of her warm breath brushing softly against his cheek.  They were soft, seductive murmurings in the shadows that told of terrifying things - things that would be done to him, things that had been done.  Her sweet effeminate voice, softly accented, gripped his very core, grabbing hold of his terror and wrenching it from its very foundations.  He whimpered in fear, knowing that there was no escape.

He struggled against the tight restraints that held him, although he knew from past experience that they would neither budge nor give into his physical protestations.  Metal cords cut sharply into his swollen skin, sawing away at his muscle with every movement.  He stank – open wounds festering with a sickening sweet putrification after days of neglect – left there to suffer in his own pain, hearing his own cries of agony echoing in his ears, tortured for hours on end in the utter and complete black dark.  Things crawled all over his skin, which itched and burned.  His right leg hurt terribly, and he knew that there was something terribly wrong.

Water dripped in the background.  How long had he been here, in this place?  A thick wool sock was stuffed into his mouth, held in place by a solid piece of duct tape.  Measured out in droplets, time no longer had meaning in the span of what seemed like forever.

A rustle of cotton interrupted the bleak emptiness, signaling the sound of someone moving in the dark.  “Rex.” She said softly.  He gasped, and began to shake with terror.  Sweat prickled his forehead and he swallowed against the sock, moaning “No” through the gag, although he knew that she could not, nor did not care to hear.

“Oh Rex, you were asleep for such a long time.” said the disembodied voice in the dark.  Robbed of any senses except for the pain, his screams, her voice and the sound of his own bones breaking he thought he would go insane.  He was unaware of what had actually been done to him, robbed of his sight in such a way.  The pain, and the raw, uncensored feelings of the ordeal left him to his imagination.

What information had she taken from him?  What questions did she ask?  His last memory was only of the liquid fire burning his body alive after the prick of the needle piercing his skin – a hot molten metal burned in his veins and caused him to scream and writhe in utter agony, begging her to stop. 

She did.  After he did exactly what she told him to. 

Please, please kill me, he begged with his mind, pleading with blind eyes in the darkness at a captor he had never seen. 

Her breath tickled his ear, “Is wakey wakey time, Rex.  I just need you to answer a few more questions for me, alright?”  He recoiled at her warm touch, the soft fingertips against his skin were like acid eating away to bone.  She started singing a lullaby in that very soft, sweet voice of hers.  The words were in a foreign language. Was it Japanese?  Her warm fingers trailed down his body and he tried to scream, struggling against the tight bonds that held him immobile.  Things crawled on his skin, and he could feel their tiny little legs, thousands of them all over his body.  He couldn’t hear her footsteps.  Couldn’t hear anything but that hauntingly melodic voice.

Her hand slid down his right thigh, and stopped, resting there.  He started to become aware of the pain below his knee, and began to hyperventilate.  Her melody stopped.  “Oh dear.  Poor, poor Rex.” she clicked her tongue.  “I got so busy when you were asleep you know?  We still have just… a little more to do, my friend.  Normally, you would’ve been conscious for the whole process, but I was afraid it would’ve been too much for you.”

He heard the clinking of metal, and felt his immobile body being raised to a sitting position.  “You should see what I’ve done.  I mean, it’s been a while since your eyes have seen the light, so you may need to get a bit used to it.” she said.

Click.

Flame from the small oil lamp shot out and illuminated the horror, causing Rex to scream even more loudly in utter terror and panic.  He couldn’t stop.  Too bad that the gag muffled it all.

Out of his arms were IV tubes hooked to bags that had kept him alive and pumped full with antibiotics and nutrients.  He had a catheter and tubes removing the waste from his intestines and bladder.  She had tied off his leg with a tight leather and latex tourniquet to keep the blood from flowing below.  His leg, from the knee down, had been completely dissected.  The skin was neatly sliced into strips, peeled and laid aside.  Blue had sprayed them with water so that they would not dry out for him to witness.  All over his body, and especially over the open wounds and his mutilated leg, were large grey ugly lumps that moved and writhed, as if trying to get away from the light.  They were leaches that fed off of his blood and rasped away at the dead tissues.

The muscle she had cut away from its connections, painstakingly peeling apart the muscle bundle into flat fibers that lay spayed out beneath the pale bone – a stark contrast of white against the blood red, to be dotted with those leaches.  They crawled over his whitish bone which glistened beneath the flame, held together only by cartilage and the grey strands of tendon.  His individual toenails had been removed and placed in a grotesque arrangement by the skin for him to see.  The dissected limb glistened with some sort of gel – perhaps to keep the tissues from drying out.  The pain though….

Tears blinded him and he shuddered, convulsing almost uncontrollably. 

She ran her fingers through his hair, petting him as she cooed, “Please calm down Rex.  Otherwise, you’ll go into shock and well, who KNOWS what I’ll do then while I’m waiting for you to come to, hmm?” she said.

He looked at his tormentor.  Demon violet eyes glowed beneath the black ninja cowl.  It was all he could see of her, since she was dressed completely in black.

Sitting next to him, Blue pulled out a small Hello Kitty memo pad with a character ball point pen.  “Rex, I need names now please.  Names, occupations and locations.” she said.  “Tell me, would you?”

Rex shook his head.  Would death be worse than this?  He didn’t know anymore, but he had a family to protect.  They would go after his wife and two children.  ‘No.  I can’t do that to them.’ he thought.

“Ah, now…I knew you might think that.” she said, and leaned forward, grabbing a small bottle of soy sauce from off the table.  “It is why I came prepared to change your mind.”

“Rex, do you know what muscle does, when it’s exposed to salt?” she asked, holding the bottle above his leg.

“It contracts.” she said, pouring it onto the cut muscle.  Immediately the muscle writhed and snaked around Rex’s bone, causing him to scream in utter agony as the fibers contracted violently.  The pieces of tissue seemed to have a mind of their own as they shortened and lengthened, now torn free of their attachments to his body, but kept painstakingly preserved so that he could feel every nerve and every flare of pain.

Blue took a spray bottle from a nearby table, and sprayed the muscle with some sort of gel, causing the contractions to subside.  “I can do this continually Rex, if you don’t answer me.  I can do a lot of things continually to you, you know?  After all, you DO have four limbs, and eyes, and organs that I could show you.” she said to him. 

“Now, will you tell me the things I need to know?”

…Several hours later, Blue replaced the gag and patted his cheek.  “You’re a good boy Rex.  Like I promised you before, we are almost done.  I just need to do one last thing, although this was not my choice, but only a request.” she said to him.  She grabbed a white cloth from the table and wiped the sweat from his cold, clammy forehead.  Taking another latex strip from the nearby surgical table, its napkin now splattered with his blood, she tied it around his head to secure it firmly to the stand so that he could not move.

His eyes widened in horror, watching her as she grabbed what looked like a metal tube and a sharp scapel.  The gag muffled the screams, and he screamed and screamed as she proceeded to cut the hole into his windpipe.  “I have to do this.  Otherwise, when I put the lye down, you won’t be able to breath you see.”

In a few minutes, his screams were replaced by a gurgle, and then…silence.  His eyes were contracted into tiny pinpoints, and Blue knew that in this process, he was going into shock.  With tweezers, she went through the hole in his neck, and carefully removed the dissolved tissues of his voicebox and esophagus.  She took out the gag, which was now soaked with blood, stank of lye mixed with flesh and decorated with bits of tongue, and cleaned out his mouth.  He wouldn’t need the gag anymore, since she destroyed his capacity to speak.  Seeing that he had already gone unconscious, she injected a sedative into his IV.

“Goodnight Rex.”

They found him the next day in his car unconscious.  He had crashed it into a tree, with both of his legs completely crushed by the huge metal from the accident.  His right wrist had been securely tied to the steering wheel with a long blue ribbon.  Half of his body was burned.  Rex’s eyelids had melted shut, and when they pried the flaps of flesh open, it exposed his two milk white eyes,  cooked by the fire of the exploded car. 

In a café in Tokyo, Blue sat in a white business suit with her shapely legs crossed.  She sipped her white latte, engaging in pleasant conversation with the cute waiter who asked her to sign her autograph on the check for him.  Her phone beeped.  It was a text.

“Ah, one moment.” she said politely, and checked her phone.

GOOD JOB.

The small text flashed across her screen.  Blue stood up, packed her phone, and gave a kiss on the cheek to the sweet, now flustered waiter.  Leaving a generous amount of money on the table, her petite heels clicked as she walked away.
© Copyright 2013 Blue (bluekunoichi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929656-Silent-Rex