*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929815-The-Artist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1929815
A short story series of a mysterious girl and the common guy.
THE ARTIST: PILOT


The clamor of the cafeteria echos throughout the school, the daily talk of school mostly consist of gossip, complaining about the load of homework, and being threaten to be smashed to a pulp by the infamous bullies. Many of the students sit in different groups, populars are near the windows, jocks near the stadium entrance, nerds are near the classrooms for quick shelter, and averages are spread throughout the school. Friends sit together even the enemies sit together, yet one student sits alone, secluded on a tree in the front entrance of Grindale high-school. A young sophmore reclines against the trunk of the tree, seated on a firm branch with one leg dangling from her petite body. Her overall fashion consist of a v-neck long sleeve shirt with a earth green color, average jeans, black converse, and her hair put into a pony tail with her bangs touching the right side of her face. Many would consider her either a nerd or a goth freak but even those groups shun her from their presence. While sitting in the tree the young sophmore hums "shortening bread" as the pencil in her hand scribbles down magnificent drawings in her black leather sketch book, each character that she defines are unique in style and traits. After finishing her new character she pauses for a moment to flip through the pages of her book, examining every detail of her art, until noticing something. She stops flipping the pages then turns them to an empty page with only a brief profile on the character that's SUPPOSE to be there. "Uh oh" the character is missing, which raises the question "where could he be?", the character is a senior (who is quiet a looker), he adorned with a black leather vest with torn jeans, a white wife-beater, and brown army boots, his whole demeanor screams "this boys got an attitude", an exasperated sigh hissed from the sophmore's mouth "great, out of all the characters it had to be him! Why did I create him in the first place!?" frustration rang in the air, it even scared the tree, in huff the girl leaped down from the branch and rushed inside the building to search for the missing character.


While working on his school science project (which is a volcano) Travis vigorously puts together his report. Travis breaths a heavy sigh wishing that he didn't have to be pushed around by the school bully, "man...this sucks, I'm stuck here doing my school project while those bullies make off with my lunch cash....ugh!! I hate this school!". Ranting alone in a classroom was part of the natural routine for Travis, everybody used him as their amusement, for their homework, a crash dummy, and well just about everything. In a nutshell, his life is a total pain. As he works on his paper he hears rapid tip taps in the hallway, what added to his curiosity was the fact that the person outside was giggling and it sounded like various items clanged on the floor. Travis ventured outside to find a teen boy with a black leather vest, "uh hey you need help man?" asked Travis, the leather vest boy looked up with a creepy stare "uh yeah sure thanks'' the leather vest boy flashed a lively smile "well he doesn't seem that bad" thought Travis. Travis knelt down to pick up the items, he grabbed spray paint from the floor, a crow bar, and a usb port, in a way it seemed weird that this boy came in possession of these items "hey dude" uttered Travis "what's with all this stuff?" the leather vest boy grinned at Travis "just stuff", with that the leather vest boy picked up his "stuff" and ran down the hallway. "okay that was weird", just after that boy left a young girl with a black leather book hasten down the hallway "get back here!" she screamed. "This school gets weirder everyday" Travis was a bit irritated by this situation although he is curious about why the girl seemed angry. As he walked back to the class room he heard yelling. "I'LL NEVER GO BACK!!!" it was the leather vest boy "YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GO BACK!!" sheer fear pierced through the air. In complete alarm Travis ran over to where the yelling was coming from, he finds the girl and the leather vest boy in the gym, the boy was down on the floor with horror in his eyes, the girl standing near him with an odd brush in her hand, "back in the book you go Dustin!", suddenly a beam of light shot out of the brush and created a black hole in her book. "NNNOOOO!!!" cried Dustin, Travis ran out and pushed down the girl "who the heck are you!!! Leave him alone!!!", in that moment Dustin ran away with a menacing smirk plastered on his face while the girl was pinned on the floor. "Let go of me he's getting away!!!" she shouted, "isn't that what I'm trying to do!?" Travis' anger boiled to a point where there was no way of reasoning with him, until the girl flipped onto her back and kangaroo kicked him in the stomach, she leaped up and glared at him with a burning rage "You idiot, now he got away!!" the paint brush started glowing again, she picked it up from the floor and pointed it at Travis' face "I should just turn you into dust right now!" with the enchanted tool pointed at his face, Travis trembled, his skin turned into a death white. Although the girl's passion huge. she immediately calmed down and placed the brush in her book, she looked up and gazed at the boy, her demeanor gave off a chilling atmosphere "Don't get in my way", she took off in a rush. Travis felt as though he has never been so close to death, even though he was scared half to death he curiosity swirled in his mind, he had to know who or what that girl is.          TO BE CONTINUED.
© Copyright 2013 Cservant (fellowship at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929815-The-Artist