*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930359-Depression-in-Our-Schools
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1930359
We need to raise awareness for depression in our schools.
Teen depression is a rising cause in our genoration. Approximately one in twelve teens deal with severe depression. We dont put much thought into this, because adults think "They're teenagers. Its a stage." Some may get through it, but some never get the chance. That's right, suicide is also a rising cause. You may say that it's just a stage, and that may be true. But teens are ending their lives because of depression. And what exactly are we doing about it? I cant say nothing, because we have awareness of it, in some areas such as government and towns. But what about in school? We need teachers to rise up. We need principals to understand. We need assemblies. Students spend 60 percent of their day at school. That means they spend 60 percent of their day surrounded by the stress. Teachers tend to make school out to be safe. That the only stress there is your grades. But that is wrong. They also have friendship stress, relationship stress, and peer pressure. Eventually all these things pile up, and it can be just too much for and average teenager. It piles and piles, and teens fall into depression because of it. We need to start raising awareness of this in our schools. Teens are dying, and we aren't stopping it. The teens of this generation are calling out for help, looking for an answer, and it seems as if no one is giving it to them. They need help, answers. They need you. I would know, because I am one of those teens.
© Copyright 2013 Kirsten Ann Futrell (kirstenann15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930359-Depression-in-Our-Schools