*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930411-The-Monstrous-Guest
by Kj
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1930411
What happens when a monstrous guest becomes your best friend? .. Please read further
Days and Nights have been following each other religiously since the time unknown. Nothing remains constant in this world. One phenomenon is followed by the other; it is just a matter of time.



I was engrossed with this simple yet intriguing thought and I was about to begin my journey through the night;  A journey taken every night. It was always my favorite time of the day. It allowed me to be purely myself. Today's night was also just another night for me and its exhibition was no different either. There was darkness all over and my belligerent self was taking over me the way it use to do every night.



Amidst the pitch black darkness in my room, the moon was hanging like a night watchman in my balcony. It was shining to the core and desperately trying to dissuade the darkness. But even the moon failed to overcome the darkness in my heart as it was the source of calignosity in my life. I could not see the swirling leaves and their audacious smiles; I was shocked because the winds could carry the joy of love to these leaves but failed and sometimes refused to carry my sorrows to my beloved. I closed the window as a protest against the ecosystem active at night.



While I was still changing sides to catch some sleep, my heart's friendship with darkness was touching new highs each night. I had become a lifeless body without any sensibilities to feel, listen and express. This night was no different. As if all the daily rituals were being performed without any change. But something strange did happen that night; I had a visitor that night.



My guest had a magnanimous structure, with big wide eyes and teeth which can cut the strongest metal, he was no less than a monster. He was a scary person. He sat in one corner of the room and started staring at me. He was draped in a long black dress and was growing taller on my each stare I was returning him with my pounding heart. I strongly felt he will engulf me completely tonight and my being will cease to exist after this night. The sheen in his eyes was continuously making its impact on me as I was getting more and more scared of his presence. I was getting belittled in my own world. He was getting more and more intimidating each time the sand granule drops in the hour glass. The dead silence in the room was adding the degree of terror in me.



Who was he? Why I am getting scared of him? Why he is not letting me sleep?



The muteness was only enjoyable while I use to sail through the night on my own. But with his presence, the daunting silence became to sharp edged two sided dagger. I was still looking for answers to these questions and my guest became clamorous.



He started talking with me as if he wants to entice me for something unknown. But strangely I could regain my sensibilities while I started listening to him. I could connect to him immediately.



His conversations were bringing out tears in my dry eyes. In each "break" he made me smile too. Though he engulfed me completely and I was immersed in him yet I was breathing properly. The night passed peacefully and I woke with a smile.



He became a regular visitor to my nights. Our friendship grew closer, the bonhomie was growing stronger. The initial apprehensions were foregone long ago. I allowed him to sleep by my side every night. He allowed me reliving lot of forgotten moments and there was an eternal peace inside.



Who was he? Once a monstrous guest; today had become my best friend.



He was nobody else other than my past. I played peace with him; In order to live peacefully today and in the times to come. I buried all the hatchets and my past became my friend. I gave him enough space in my heart. Sometimes I let him bathe in my tears so that he can feel refreshed. and sometimes I fed him with my time so that he does not feel hungry due to lack of my attention. My past became inseparable part of my being as I just wanted to be at peace with him.



"Talking to the past always lets you listen to your future and it only happens in present"



Kamaljit   
© Copyright 2013 Kj (kamaljit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930411-The-Monstrous-Guest