*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930688-Addiction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tivoi
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1930688
A man loses his house.
Walking home from a party, a sticky note hangs from front door. The dreadful words “ Eviction notice.” Rustling through my keys, I jiggled them one by one into the lock. Turning the key, a soft click. Shoving the door back, I flicked the switch on and the lights started emitting from the walls. The once dark hallway lights up. Treading towards the living room, a pair of eyes glows from under the coffee table. Zabri a four-year-old cat was a gift from my uncle before he died in the war. Zabri was a unknown mix, but his main color was gray.

Zabri crawled out from under the table and arched his body. Carefully he climbs on top of the couch and curled up. I sat down next to him and stroked his ears. “How are we going to survive now boy?” I whispered. Zabri slid himself off the couch and scratched the back of the torn fabric.

Looking back towards the hallway, I forced my limp body to walk towards the bedroom. More often than enough the lights wouldn’t turn on. Feeling the edge of the wall, I slowly made my way to the bed.

The mirror covered in notes of motivation. Staring at the mirror, a shadow emerges from the reflection. I turned my head to find mysterious man staring back at me. His eyes glow with a hue of red, the greasy slick back hair, and thick unshaven beard. The man that drains his monthly paycheck at the local liquor store.
© Copyright 2013 Tivoi (minitank at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930688-Addiction