*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930730-The-Nightmare-Doll
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1930730
This is a short story about my childhood with a haunted geisha doll.
The Nightmare Doll



by Armanda M. Roberts







Let me start by saying this. There are lots of fiction out in this world, sometimes it is very hard for some people to believe what they read. I am not here to make you believe what I'm about to share with you only to have an open mind.



Well this is the short version of a story that has haunted me for years, even to this day. I still have nightmares about her, yes I said 'her'. I will not ever say her name aloud I don't want to see it on paper either.







My father was stationed in Okinawa, Japan back in 1968 about a year before I was born he was in the Marines. My mom was back in the states, so my father would always send my mother all kinds of beautiful exotic gifts. I was born in 1969 so before my dad returned home he wanted to buy his newborn daughter (me) a welcome to the world baby doll. He sent it home to my mom, and I of course I was to young for the doll.







As time went on my mom moved her to my room when I was about five years-old, at first all I would do is look at her, admire her beauty everything about her. I was never, ever allowed to play with her, she was kept in a very ornate glass, lighted case with a key. A few years later around my seventh birthday that all changed. One night this all changed. My mom ran my bath I took my bath, than brushed my teeth, put on my pj's then said my prayers. I then climbed into bed with my favorite book, then both my parents came to kiss me, and say nite, nite. As they walked out I said "Mom, Dad, I love you, and said please leave my night light on please, and don't shut the door all the way. They said okay, and "sweet-dreams"







I fell asleep, and it seemed that I had been asleep for ages when I woke up to see my entire room shaking. Then I looked towards the dresser my Geisha Doll was on the glass case she was in cracked right down the front the key from her case fell to the floor. I know I saw her move her arm, than I flew out of my bed down the long hallway into the kitchen where my dad was. I was shaking, and crying I told my dad what happened he took me to my room he tried to tell me I was just dreaming. I told him about the shaking, and he told me that he did not hear anything. At that time my mom came around the corner to see what had happened. My mom was disabled so it took her longer to walk down the hallway. It took my dad some time to get me to go back in my room. I finally calmed down enough to get back in bed, my dad got me out of bed to say my prayers, use the bathroom, and have a small sip of ice water this became a nightly ritual if you will.







The next day my mom came into my room to clean up the small chards of glass that was left from the glass doll case that had been broken. I was sitting on my bed watching my mom when she turned to me, and asked " Armanda what did you do with her key ? I said mama I don't have it. My mom left the room I looked over at the doll, and saw her slightly grin at me I was to scared to move. When my mom came back she looked at the doll in a horrified way. I said mom what's wrong? she said nothing. I knew that she did not want to scare me anymore than I always was.







Night two I went to bed repeated my nightly ritual. I was in bed watching my cat clock you know the one where the eye's, and the tail moves. The next thing I remember is I woke up to a weird scratching sound at that time my dog Snoopy came running down the hall, and jumped on my bed he started barking very loud. Then I heard I knew you even before you were born, and I will come to take you with me. When I looked to see where the doll was, she was not on the stand. The nails that hold her in place were still on the stand part of her Kimono was left torn on the stand. I was so scared I could not make a sound, my dog still barking I looked down her hand was reaching up to my blanket from under my bed. My parents that night were celebrating their anniversary with their friends in our family room, and the music was loud. No one heard Snoopy or me. Snoopy jumped down, and bit her then silence. Snoopy jumped back up on my bed he had a small dime shaped burn on paw I picked him up, and ran to my parents. When we got to my room there she was sitting on my bed.







There is much, much more to this story. I put this out to find out if anyone has had this type of experience. I will be writing more about this demon doll. I'm 43 years old now, and I still see, and feel her around. I'm not scared anymore. Since I was little I saw spirits, ghosts, demons, and much more. Yes I have what the old timers would call "Shinning".







Please comment or write to me, like I said this is just a piece of what I have gone through.



Thank you for reading............Blessed be











© Copyright 2013 DeathLovesLife (cocogeishadoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930730-The-Nightmare-Doll