*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931297-Memories
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1931297
It's a short story about a girl who is overcome by her memories
Rain falls from the gray sky like tears that run down a sad girls face. It wets my hair, making it stick to my face whenever the wind blows. I cry. And I cry for him. For those thousands of memories that sweep through my mind when I think of him. For the good and the bad moments. I cry because he is gone. Gone in the dirt and his grave forever unmarked. They took him from me. They came in and they killed him with the swords they kept. Oh but I got my revenge. As I watch now, they are becoming apart of the earth themselves. Later, I will unmark their graves as they did to him. Those innocent people will never remember where their loved ones are buried. It doesn't matter. I don't remember where he is.

Once again, he flashes through my mind like an infection. His hair as dark as night itself blowing in the wind. So soft and shiny. His eyes, as they watched me play with our only child. The paleness. He was so pale. He was perfection, just like his daughter, who is now gone also. Died three years ago of some unknown illness. She was so sweet she didn't deserve to die. I cursed everything the day she died but then they came again..... this time to kill my husband. It wasn't fair at all.
© Copyright 2013 Sharklover9898 (stacywyke55 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931297-Memories