*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931503-Five-Fishing
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1931503
another entry
Oh, having five children on the banks of the ocean is interesting. Going fishing with three girls and two boys ages 17, 17, 14, 14, and 10 is a challenge its self. Keeping the teenagers interested in focusing on the art of catching fish was not an easy thing to do. The girls would complain that they were not catching anything, and they would wonder off. The boys bringing their lines in and out of the water. Yet, I love to take my time from fishing from time to time so that I can capture the excitement on my phone.

We brought shrimp, night crawlers, chicken livers, hotdogs,  corn as bait, and those shinny baby fish. Some of the children would not bait their line with a living “being”. Those were the children who tried to catch their fish with hotdogs, corn, and livers. The oldest girl did not want to get dirty. She used corn. The boys used everything.

Kaitlyn came running to us. She was dragging a string that she had found behind her. At the end of the string was a weak bird.

“Kaitlyn,” I yell at the ten year old. “You leave that dead bird alone.”

“It is not dead,” She said pulling the animal up to where I was fishing. I real my pole in.

The sea gull had a hooked in it feathers. The bird looked up at me as if it were asking for help. I pull at the string, The bird screams.

“You are hurting it.” She said.

I finish pulling the hook out, and it leaves a bare spot on it wing. We take it to the bird sanctuary to recovery. Now every time when we go fishing we visit all our bird friends.
© Copyright 2013 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931503-Five-Fishing