*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931673-Life-in-Perception
by shadow
Rated: E · Article · Personal · #1931673
Who knows the answers? an example for emphasis and questions so as to seek the truth.
“Life in Perception”


One may contest the phrase “Life is Simple” for if we consider the events faced as we lead our life. it would surely take our breath away as in song. Events from trivia to enormous, that complicate our perception of life along the way as we may try to understand, resolve or find a solution.
What if all such events occur from a choice that evolves through desire?

Let us assume a man is set to cross the road, and on doing so he is knocked down by a vehicle and meets his death. I am sure most who witnessed the event and those who come to know of it later, would conclude that the man was destined to die.

But was it so? Let is apply some simple questions to such an event.

What made the man cross the road?

Positively it was his desire to get to the other side ... he did it all the time. Yet why was he knocked down and now dead?
Perhaps the driver of the vehicle was over speeding, a desire that could not be controlled.
Perhaps the man misjudged the speed of the oncoming vehicle while crossing the road being engrossed in thought or in a deed, which would have been an outcome of desire.
Perhaps the driver was distracted through vision, sound or some physical task while driving, would that not have been an outcome of desire?

Finally it would be deemed that it was the man’s destiny to die or the driver was destined to cause an event that led to the man’s death.

Now let us consider the following questions on events that reflect life.

The creation of the Universe with our planet Earth, is it destiny or a desire?
Our belief in “God or “Supernatural “; what is it based upon, destiny or a desire?
A birth, is it destiny or a desire?
A death, is it destiny or a desire?

You would agree that the life of every living being has evolved from, and is governed by natural elements, instinct or a desire.

Plants procreate through natural elements or a catastrophe, an animal, a man, a living creature or an organism yet it will be the same natural elements or a catastrophe, an animal, a man, a living creature or an organism that will destroy the plant for its habitat, for food or its material value etc.

Animals procreate through instincts and once again it will be the natural elements or a catastrophe an animal, a man, a living creature or an organism that will destroy them for their habitat, food sporting adventure etc.

Man procreates through his desire and once again it will be the natural elements or a catastrophe, an animal, a man, a living creature or an organism, which will destroy him for their habitat, food, protective or territorial instinct, material wealth, adventure, greed, jealousy  etc.

What then is “Destiny” and from where did its concept originate? 

“Destiny” would be a word used for an event when the human mind has failed to contemplate and derive an appropriate answer for an event, or a solution to avoid an event.

What about” Desire” does it not lead to life, through it and unto its death? Is not instinct permeated with desire? What is it that drives those natural elements?

Do we have the answer to life? You would agree we are born from a desire and die from it. What would that make life, from creation to this present moment?

Perhaps an “Illusion” for even perception has failed to conclude its point of origin.

You do believe in Creation? Then there would have to be a creator, and if there is one; be it “God” or “Supernatural”, there would have had to be a desire to create and a choice that would have evolved from that desire.

Beware! Of your “Desires”, for if we were created by “God” or “Supernatural” by choice that evolved from a desire, then it would be us the creation, that would put an end to the “Creator” and the “Creation” at large.

Alas! Even “God” or “Supernatural” would have reached its end through “Desire”.

Darryl
© Copyright 2013 shadow (darryl65 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931673-Life-in-Perception