*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931703-Im-judgmental-and-so-are-you
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1931703
I have heard so many people say "do not judge" and decided to write this.







Luke 6:37 “Judge not and you shall not be judged.” Pretty simple right? Wrong! It’s impossible to believe that in the society we live in, we don’t judge one another. Can you honestly say that you have never judged someone? If you can, I am here to tell you that you are lying. Period! If we know that we are imperfect and will never be perfect, Is it not hard to believe that “Judging” is just something that is in our human nature? We are told to not judge a book by its cover, but i’ve never met anyone who has read a book before first looking at the title of the book to decide whether it’s worth reading or not. It is no different than when we first meet someone. We pre judge them based on appearance or what we may have heard about them. After getting to know them, we judge them yet again based on what we have learned in getting to know them. I have to catch myself at times when i say i don’t judge because the fact is, I do, along with everyone else. The thing is, we will always judge what we have yet to experience or what we do not agree with.

Being judgmental is a survival trait. Who ever said that being judgmental (the bible) was wrong, was a complete lie. We compare ourselves to others in one way or another and deep down, we all believe that we are better than someone else. Whether we want to admit it or not. I know that I am better than someone. However, we tend to be less judgmental in situations that we can relate to. Being judgmental is simply a way for individuals to figure out exactly where they fit into society. Is it wrong? No, not at all. We try so hard not to be judgmental that we wind up being stupid, instead. It’s a condition from which we can’t escape.
© Copyright 2013 MsOpinionated (msopinionated at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931703-Im-judgmental-and-so-are-you