*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932807-boulevard-to-oblivion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1932807
poem/short story
Boulevard to oblivion
This road this avenue this boulevard has seen terror and misery. Many have walked it in the past and many will walk it in the future. The grotesque insanity that cripples the travelers of this path oozes from the bodies of the damned that travel it. The damned and damned they are walk as if in hypnotism and trance in step to the sound of drums wicked drums to the beat of a depraved ancient lunacy. These damned yes almost comedic in how they all walk this boulevard the road to their damnation straight to hell the damned forget their worlds and lives with all that they had or did not have it means nothing once they begin the exodus to hades. Hearts empty eyes distant and lost in a psychological wasteland. There is no hope or retreat once the damned begin their walk their final journey into oblivion. The damned are cursed some cursed since birth others become cursed through life and its cruelty. A spiteful and vengeful god who picks and chooses what miserable and unlucky creature will bear the burden of the first humans mistake and wear the punishment like an overcoat in summer. God in his ever watchful eye sees these damned specimens of his most important and complicated creation and sends them to their doom. Not directly are they sent but perhaps through negligence and no interaction of pity on their behalves. This point of no return now does not matter because the journey has begun with no turning back no cure for the curse the curse swallows the mind hole like a fat man who enjoys a meal more than life itself. No way out no escape for these damned these bastards of humanity worthless lives of them the damned lives with no meaning lives with no worth the damned they are have commenced their exodus on the boulevard to oblivion.
© Copyright 2013 C.L. REDDING (spctitan77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932807-boulevard-to-oblivion