*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933465-Untitled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Crow
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1933465
havent written in years. first shot since writing. any advice or opinions welcome!
Opening Intorduction:

"Fuck!" She hit the ground with a dull thud. She stumbled up, pain searing through her neck and back. She did what she could to draw in her dark surroundings. The ground felt craggy underfoot yet slightly warm and there was a faint humming in the air. She felt her way around, the humming becoming more prominent. Then the humming suddenly stopped, a glimpse of light passing by. "Hello?" she called weakly, whipping around. Something hit her shoulder as she dropped and faded out.......

He breathed heavily, clutching onto the only human contact in 8 days. Was it 8 days? It was hard to tell anymore.... He shined his large sunbeam yellow flashlight down at her, in disbelief that just a few minutes ago he thought she was one of them. Those horrible things to which the humming belonged... "Ugh" She stirred, he thought... Wait, she stirred!!

"Get off me!!" she screamed, pushing his bent figure to the wall. Everything shot white again as that familiar pain etched its way through her. "Keep quiet" he whispered, creeping his way back to her side. She struggled to slide her way backwards, grabbing for any loose rock she could fnd. "Get back" she hissed, clenching a dull, blue dagger of a rock.

"Ok, ok." he said softly, rubbing his back where the rock wall had cut its way into his flesh. That voice, she had heard it somewhere before.... "What the hell's going on here, who are you?" she asked impatiently. "Survival" he replied knowingly. "No need for names down here." "Explain now, I won't ask again" she yelled forcefully, the pounding in the base of her skull growing stronger. Suddenly he shut the light off as she heard the soft, quick footsteps leading away....

Chapter 1; From (Her) View:

She stumbles through the darkness, forcing back that throbbing pain. Falling to her knees, she tries to gain her composure as the strange humming draws back in towards her. For a reason unknown to her, a strange fear rose up as she sat there frozen. Her legs shot out from under her as she felt something sharp press into her throat, and all faded again....

She looked up to see a quick blur of two bodies spurring around the spacious cavern, blood falling here and there. She could see!! Light shown upon the merciless sight of the two men, coming from that same yellow flashlight. They were left in darkness again as she snatched it up and hid in a nearby crevice. She waited for those noises of sharp rock ripping through a man's throat, the gurgling of a mix of saliva and blood. Suddenly, all was quiet but her shallow breathing and the heavy panting of someone else.....

Chapter 1 continued; From (His) View:

He pulled away from his newest victim, dropping down to a crouch instinctively. His chest heaved uncontrollably, he had to pull himself together. Now wasn't the time to drop his defenses. He dropped his weapon of opportunity and pushed his eyes in firmly, forcing them to dialate.
© Copyright 2013 Crow (the_true_crow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933465-Untitled