*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933550-Why-Balanced-Meals-are-Important
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Article · Health · #1933550
The article describes three important benefits of eating balanced meals.
                                            Why Balanced Meals are Important
      Almost every person has been taught to eat balanced meals. Balanced meals consist of multiple servings for the five traditional food groups of fruits, veggies, dairy, grains, and meat groups. Balanced meals deliver a variety of healthy nutrients to assist the body in producing energy and repairing cell damage among many other functions. Most humans thrive on a mixed diet of plant and animal matter since we are omnivores. Balanced meals provide three important items for healthy living.

    Proper nutrition deliver proper nutrition in the form of energy, vitamins, and trace elements, plus gives the person some variety in meal eating. Balanced meals can reduce weight gain and help protect the body from illnesses as well as enhance healing processes. Let’s discuss the three items in more detail.
 
    Balanced meals provide proper nutrition in the form of energy generation. Balanced meals “stick to your ribs” and allow the reason to perform more activities between meals than an unbalanced diet .Many people eat too many carbohydrates from processed foods and suffer from low energy levels, tiredness, and weight gain. Some people use vitamins and fad diets instead of proper nutrition because they believe this is a short cut to healthy living. Proper nutrition may decrease blood pressure and lower cholesterol counts in the majority of people balanced meals.

    Balanced meals help reduce weight gain in the general population because  the human body may acknowledge proper nutrition through less cravings for empty calorie “junk” foods or by remaining satisfied for longer periods. For example, have you ever eaten Chinese food and felt stuffed? Then two hours later you are ready to eat more food. The body seems to not recognize empty calories as well as it recognizes real food choices such as vegetables. Without the proper levels of nutrients in the blood stream from a balanced meal, the body continues to call for more food. The body stores the empty calories as fat and searches for nutrients in the next round of food. Fast foods, lack of time, and the use of electronic devices can lead to people skipping balanced meals and eating more empty calories instead.

    Balanced meals help the body recover more quickly from injury, cellular damage and some illnesses. Many plants, natural fibers, and lean meats supply macro and micro nutrients that assist the body in the healing process. The human body constantly repairs cells and foods lacking in nutritional value fail to provide adequate levels of critical elements needed for these vital processes.

    Yes, many people realize the value of balanced nutrition but don’t put in the required effort to bring all five foods to the dinner table. Lack of time management plans prevent many people from obtaining the full benefits of all five foods groups found in a balance meal. Fast food, electronic devices, and poor time management skills all join forces to prevent some people from getting proper nutritional benefits. Proper nutrition reduces weight gain in many people and lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels in most people. Balanced meals also provide more sustainable energy levels for the general population as well. Proper nutrition through balanced meals brings three major benefits to humans and reducing a small amount of time from unhealthy activities can allow these benefits to affect more people every day. So what are you waiting for?
© Copyright 2013 sparky38 (sparky38 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933550-Why-Balanced-Meals-are-Important