*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933589-A-Glance-At-The-Past
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1933589
A girl looks back to when her parents got divorced.
         The sun poked through the thick, perfect clouds soaking in all the moisture that was left from the previous rainfall. Already the day was hot and it was just noon. That day felt destined for something to happen whether it was deemed or not. The feeling layer so thick in the air that one considered if it was possible to breathe in at all. Even so that day went on as normal as could be. The three brothers played and the sister, a mere nine year old, was left to watch from a distance. Don't fret, because the girl learned more from watching mistakes than a forty year old would making the mistakes.          A black car cruising down their road captured the girls attention but didn't concern her, figuring they were lost. When the black car came to a stop in front of their house did it then concern her. She stayed where she sat until the gleaming car doors opened and revealed two clean cut mean it suits. They looked friendly enough so the girl let them pass with a nod of her head when they acknowledged her. The mother of the playing boys and the silent girl let the men inside with welcome. Normally on any given day if a visitor came to visit, the children would introduce themselves like they were taught but were told to stay outside instead. The girl took the command reluctantly knowing the adults wanted to talk alone.
© Copyright 2013 Lost IT Moment (countryhorse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933589-A-Glance-At-The-Past