*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933820-She-Runs
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1933820
Short horror story
        She runs with a feeling of panic and dread, her fear is almost unbearable as she forces herself forward as hard as she can. Her head periodically snaps around to see behind her to make sure some as of yet unseen assailant hasn't caught up to her. The woman's body feels as though it is on fire from the exertion from running for her life, her heart feeling as though it will burst at any moment and her lungs burn with each breath she draws in.
    Her body wants to give in and she can feel it but her mind and will to live are so strong she has no choice but to go on running, how long and how far can she make it before she has to stop. She catches glimpses of her blood covered forearms as she runs, tears run down her cheeks as she remembers finding her family's lifeless bodies torn to shreds, she finds it hard to fight the sobs as she runs but she forces herself onward. She heads for the nearest neighbor's house she can find in this secluded area, hoping beyond hope that maybe someone will be home, someone who can get help for her, to keep her safe from the unknown killer.
  The house now in view, it's lights are on,finally a ray of hope in this hell she finds herself in, "Almost there, almost safe!" The woman beats the door with her fists with such force that she can almost feel the splinters from each hit as she screams a primal desperate scream for help, her mind filled with both hope and desperation. She barely notices the door has opened with a kindly looking older woman and man looking at her as she faints from the exhaustion. Her eyes snap open only to find herself surrounded by both darkness and an odd cold breeze, she arises from the bed she was placed upon to try to find out the reason. She moves with some difficulty due to the heaviness of her still wet sweat shirt and sore muscles, walking in such a way as to give the impression of zombie's shuffle. She makes her way to what must be the living room of the older couple's rustic cabin, her hand fumbling for a light in the darkness. The attempt made even more difficulty due to a new pain she has just now noticed in her side, her hand finally finds it's mark and with a flick the light is on and a new horror replaces the old for she looks down to her side instinctively and gasps in terror as she sees an ugly bloody hole in her side still bleeding. Her bitter tears getting worse as she looks on in terror, the lifeless dismembered bodies of the couple lay strewn about and partially eaten, the man's body lay near a rifle with a spent shell casing nearby. The hellish scene makes her instinctively look to her side as a horrid idea crosses her mind, one that causes her to panic as she tries to look for answers that would lead to another any other answer besides the one her terrified mind keeps coming to, only to be destroyed by the sight of her reflection in the mirror.
  The reflection of her with blood around her mouth and her hands ending in blood covered black claws. Her body heaves and convulses as the realization hits home and she is left huddled on the floor holding herself rocking back forth as she sobs, her mind withdrawing inside itself...no hope of return just the black black mindless void of insanity.
© Copyright 2013 Nerdly Driarlent (shanewho at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1933820-She-Runs