*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934241-DAYGON
by retta
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1934241
This piece is an intorduction to the world I have created for my novel.
DAYGON









    Daygon was a piece of land on a planet called Zanarian. The atmosphere was much like ours and the terrain was of rock and dirt just as ours is today. The trees and grass grew and died through four seasons as some of our earth does. Animals resided as well, such as bears and lions. Squirrels and chipmunks lived in the trees, and groundhogs and rabbits in the ground with some of the insects.

    What was so very different about Daygon was, the human race was not the top of the food chain. Humans were of few and although they had villages of their own and even had a kingdom ruled under a queen, the only place humans were allowed to reside in peace was in Daygon. All the rest of the planet was ruled by creatures that ruled their own type and most did not accept the human and in fact would destroy one for dinner if need be.

    Daygon had been the land of mixed creatures for most of its time. Ogres lived in their caves as Lizards in their swaps, orcs worked for the queen, and elves built homes in the forest. Dinosaurs ruled the open fields and at times the ocean, while large birds ruled the skies. A few different species claim to have seen dragons in the mountains while others claimed the foot of the mountain to be haunted by the dead.

    Despite all the creatures that lived upon Daygon, there was the monster of all creatures created by the gods themselves.  The Retsnom was created to keep evil gods from overturning the planet, but once it was brought to life could not be controlled.  In fear it would not serve purpose the gods locked it up. At some point in time an evil god created a key and was going unleash it to cast upon Zanarian but was stopped in his endeavor. The gods gained possession of the key and broke it into four parts. Each piece was hidden throughout Zanarian and never again spoken of.

© Copyright 2013 retta (chedda at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934241-DAYGON