*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934531-7-House
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by scott
Rated: 18+ · Other · Psychology · #1934531
Amnesiac patient tries to reconstruct his life with help of a psychiatrist
"Mike! , is your name Mike?" , the Nurse yelled. "My name is not Mike, it is Steven!" I replied back, thinking to myself why would she call me Mike. It looks like I have awoke in a Hospital ,but I cannot remember anything else. The Nurse looked disappointed and quickly exited the room I was in. Why am I here, I asked myself, and why can't I remember anything else?.
A man dressed as a Janitor enters the room, "Steven?" he asks . I am now feeling a little irritated at this time and say "YES!!, my name is Steven, who are you ?" . The man came closer, looking at me as if I were a test specimen, "Hello, my name is Dr. Sevinhaus, I notice you look confused". He asks. " I just can't remember anything". I replied back to him , still wondering why a Doctor would look like a Janitor. "why am I here?" I said. "You were found walking around the Hospital, the Nurses said that you looked very confused, you were asked your name and you said you didn't know, it then seemed like you fainted and we moved you to a room."
"Can you remember anything at all Steven?" He said. "I feel like there is so many images in my head, but, I just cannot piece them together", I said , but with a great distrust in this Doctor. He just seems very strange to me, but also like I know him from my past, I know I have seen him before, but I will keep this to myself, for now. " Well, I am going to help you, Steven, we are going to talk later, for now I want to you to get some rest.

"Have you had enough rest Steven ?" Sevinhaus, now with a white coat on is hovering over me again. "I think so" I said as he now picks up a chart from the bed. "I just can't remember any more than just my name". "I want to try something Steven, I want you to tell me about these images in your head, just try and see them and tell me what you see ". "I can try, I guess" I thought I could just tell him anything and he would leave me alone, but I needed to know exactly why I couldn't remember my own life. " I can see myself in High School, I am sitting behind a girl, she seems like an angel, but I cannot see her face yet, then she turns to pass me a paper, I am blinded by her beauty, it is beyond my own comprehension that someone can be this lovely. " Tell me more Steven , tell me about your life at this particular time ". Dr. Sevinhaus now comfortably seated next to my bed, and now eager to hear more.
" I can see myself getting closer to this girl , but never to any avail, as my advances are clearly intercepted by a crowd of boys all wanting to be close to her as well " . " So, you never talked to this girl ? " Sevinhaus said with a wry smile. " Yes , I did talk with her, at school " I told him. " What did you say to her, Steven ?". " I said , I said....... , I just can't remember, Doctor, I can see her, I can see her face, I just cannot remember anything else. I said, now feeling very frustrated. " It's okay Steven , we can get back to her later, tell me something else you see". " I am now at my home, with my Mother, and... and .... someone else". I said.
"Who else is there with your Mother, Steven ?". "He is the my Mothers' boyfriend, he is evil, I can smell the whiskey on his breath.....I hate him!" I said "Why do you hate your Mothers' boyfriend ,Steven ?". Sevinhaus said. " I hate what he says to me and my Mother, I
hate how drunk he is all the time, I want him dead, I want him to go away ". I said, feeling very angry now "You hate him enough to want him dead ?" Sevinhaus says. " You killed your Mothers' boyfriend ?" he said. " No, that can't be true, why would you say that to me ?" I said back to him. "Because it's the truth, Steven. You killed your Mother's boyfriend, you never talked to that girl. You keep going over all this again and again, like a broken record, but never stop to realize that you are just reliving this day over and over until YOU can make it right, until you can correct your mistakes and finally be at peace, but, you can't change the past Steven, you have to make peace with what you have done so that you can move on, so you can finally be at rest." Sevinhaus' words had acted like a gunshot. "NO !, that's not true !" I said back , but I felt like this is the memory that I have. " why would you say this?" . How would you know?" I said. " Because Steven, this is what you keep reliving, and until I can stop you, I have to relive this with you, I and everyone else you bring into this ." "Please, I beg of you, stop, stop all of this!" " But....... I........can't................."

"Mike!, is your name Mike?, the Nurse yelled. " My name is not Mike, it's ...........................Steven!"



© Copyright 2013 scott (scottjeff1965 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934531-7-House