*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934646-Natures-secret-whispers
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1934646
A boy with a extraordinary gift and a truly special connection with nature
         The world today is silent but it was not always so long ago the everything spoke from the mightiest of oak two the humblest of ants.

They spoke not in English nor German nor french not in any language we know today, and it was beautiful so beautiful that we with our dim mind could not even begin to describe.

We would not interpret it as word but the most beautiful song we would have ever heard amplified across time and space so that we would think the voice would come not from a tree or an ant but from Apollo himself.

Alas this language is dead no one in the world speaks it still except for the trees and the beasts and the boy the lone boy born of loving parents and raised equally by them and nature his name was Matthew.

         He went to school played with kids his own age and experienced life in a way normal children do but there was a side that none of them could comprehend and they made fun of him for it "the trees are you're friends how ridiculous" they would say and it hurt the boy that no one believed him.

But all was soon forgotten when he reached home for not only was he greeted by his parent with warm smiles and questions about his day but by every tree in there slow deep words and the butterflies with there quick fluttering speech, and he would ask them "why are you so nice to me? we are so cruel too you".

And the trees would reply with the same answer they always did "because we have high hopes for you Matthew and beside the butterflies chimed in we are friends aren't we?"

"of course we are" replied Matthew for they were and this is the world he loved where the trees and the flowers and the foxes and the birds were all kind to him for he was special he could understand them.
© Copyright 2013 s.t williams (sijn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934646-Natures-secret-whispers