*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934664-The-Omen-part-one
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Supernatural · #1934664
When a rift to the realm of the dead opens can Colm stop what is to unfold
The light flickered as the thunder ruptured the sky. My heart lurched in my chest that last thunder clap really startled me. I look around my bedroom the place was a mess my laundry was every where a few dishes were lying around.There was anouther crash of thunder i heard scraping of nails on the floor outside i get ready for what ever comes through my door. The scraping got louder and my dog comes casully walking in which i really didn't expect her to run she was nearly 14 years old. She tried to jump on my bed but her old bones wouldn't let her so i took pity on her and lifted her up next to me. There was more thunder and she started to shake.
"aww whats the matter baby, its just a little loud noise i'm serprise you can even hear it anymore" I said. Her red fur moved under my stroke her muzzle showed sign's of old age gray fur was visable pushing the red back. My Dad's head appeared around the door.
"Hey Colm have you seen Shadow i can't find her"
"Dad she's right here next to me how can you miss her"
"I broke my glass's remember"
I rolled my eye's all i could think was unbelivable and this is a man who is the police chief and he broke his glass's its a good thing his LT. is very capable. My Father is a 48 year old man who think he is still 18 and he tries to prove it but he fails everytime especially when he tries to out muscle me. There was more thunder and then the rain came down it started off as a little drizzle but like everything in Michigan it becomes intense fast.
" Colm regardless you need to get out of bed you haven't graduated yet so you still need go to school".I nodded and he walked away i threw on a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Shadow just watched me wagging her tail from the angle i looked at her she looked kinda adorable. Her ears were perked up and her head was twited at and angle like she had take and intreset in what i was doing. I walked over to her and kissed her head and grabbed my backpack and ran down stairs my dad was drinking his coffee reading the morning paper like he always does before he goes off to work. I heard a car pull into my drive way i looked out my window and my buddy Josh is waving for me to get a move on. I slipped on my boots and ran to his car.
"Dude why didn't you answer your phone i tried calling you a few times"
"yeah sorry about that brother i never heard it". He just shook his head and backed out of the drive way and drove us to school. The first few hours of class went on like normal passing in homework and lecture's. it wasn't until i got to 4th period when things got a little wonky my teacher didn't show yup which is really unusal for mr.Wagganer he the High Schools weight lifting coach and he is never absent something felt wrong.Our Subsitute teacher was a little bit of an air head Mr.Kerler he had no idea of what any of the machine's did for each the body part. I did what i was good at and lifting weights was one of them i had that redneck strength in other words i can pick things up and put them down. Josh was in the class with me and he isn't the strongest person i know to be honest he's below average but he's a very smart man.
© Copyright 2013 A.D.Strife (coltx1911 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934664-The-Omen-part-one