*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934697-Trust-Susan
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1934697
Susan goes on a trail by herself.
Susan and Susan’s mom (Sue) are both sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee discussing what they are going to do today.

“I’m going to meet my friends in the middle of the trail and have some lunch,” Susan said while she sipped her coffee.

“I don’t think you should go on a trail by yourself,” Sue said.

“Mom I’m sixteen. I think I can go on a trail by myself,” Susan said.

“Okay, but I don’t want you calling me telling me that you got lost,” Sue said.

“Good, well I’m going to go now,” Susan said as she got up from her seat and walked out the door.

Susan arrived at the trail. She started to walk onto the path into the woods. When Susan was at the tenth mile mark she took the map out of her pocket and opened it up. “Hmmm…I don’t know where I am. I think I’m lost,” Susan said.

She called her mom on her cell phone and Sue said, “Hi, Susan.”

“Hi, I seem to be lost mom,” Susan said.

“I’ll come get you. I never should have trusted you walking on a trail by yourself,” Sue said.

“I’m sorry. Do you know how to get here?” Susan asked.

“Yes, I’ll be there in a few minutes,” Sue replied as they both hung up.

A few minutes later Sue arrived at the ten mile mark and saw Susan.

“I’m so sorry mom. My friends are only a couple miles away,” Susan said.

“Okay, let’s go meet them,” Sue said.

Sue and Susan arrived where her friends were waiting for her.

“You’re late,” Rosemary said.

“I got lost,” Susan said.

“Glad to see you made it,” Rosemary said.

“Me too,” Susan said as they enjoyed their lunch together.

“Thanks, mom,” Susan said.







WC 300)
© Copyright 2013 Shannon (shannyplanny7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934697-Trust-Susan