*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1935793-Zombie-Rampage
by hippie
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1935793
Its a work in progress so enjoy. leave comment or suggestion.
Prologue


Once upon a time… that’s how fairy tales should start but, this is not a fairy tail. This is a tail of sadness and horror. This story starts with me on a cold December 21st, 2012. The day shit started to get bad.
My name is Terry I’m of average height slim with a slight build at the age of 19. I was at work when I got a call from my wife Angela. She told me that I should get home as quick as I can that some thing was wrong with are 12 year old son James. She said that he was running a very high fever. So I told her I’ll be home a fast as I can. On my way home I had the feeling that some thing was wrong because the streets were empty.
I get home and the door was slightly ajar. So I ran to my car and grabbed a crow bar and walked inside. The inside of my house looked and smelled like a slaughter house. There was blood and gore on the walls and floor. In the back of the house I herd a sick kind of crunching sound. So being very careful to make my steps as silent like the grave I made my way to the back of the house. As I was making my way to the back of the house I stepped on a squeaky toy. Just then the crunching sound stopped and I heard foot steps coming form James’ room. What came out made me sick, for it was what looked like my son. Then he started to charge at me and then jumped. When the thing was in mid jump I swung my crow bar and it landed on his head with a sicking crunch and the lifeless body landed on the floor. I walked to the room and saw the half eaten body of my wife.
After seeing the body of my dead wife I left the room and went to the living room to see what was happening on the news to see if it would explain what was going on. “We advise everyone to stay indoors because it seams like the dead are coming alive and eating the living. After they are bitten the victims suffer a high fever and die of heart frailer then come back alive to spread the deadly virus and….” All of the sudden the TV goes blank. “What the hell is going on,” I think to myself. After that I here a strange sound then what used to be my wife walks into the living room and starts to run at me. I jump up with the crow bar and aim for her head. After she goes down I hit her head again to make sure that she stays down.



© Copyright 2013 hippie (wolfman369 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1935793-Zombie-Rampage