*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936472-Dramatic-Premise
by Jordi
Rated: E · Assignment · Educational · #1936472
Dramatic Premise assigment
Dramatic Premise
Sticking to your targets creates new opportunities (positive)
Lack of self-confidence results in cycles of anxiety (negative)

Themes
The opening theme is the cycle of how low self-confidence leads to a person seeking some form of comfort (in this case eating) which results in events that further damage their self-confidence. This then changes to a desire to break the cycle but lacking the strength to fully break free from it. It concludes with Lucy finding something to aid her in focusing on breaking the cycle and not only managing to break free of the cycle of comfort eating but losing weight and finding new opportunities opening up for her with her new found confidence.

Central Character
Lucy

Supporting Character
Frank as his actions made her look at changing herself.

Life Changing Event
Frank’s rejection of her when she rang him. This lead to her joining Weight Watchers and losing the weight.

Three Crisis
1.          Hearing her friends joke about her weight
2.          Being dumped by Frank
3.          Frank’s rejection

© Copyright 2013 Jordi (jordib at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936472-Dramatic-Premise