*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937608-Philippine-Elections-2013
Rated: 18+ · Article · Political · #1937608
See how a non-voting citizen feels about the elections.
First of all, I’m not a hater. I’m not even a voter.

I’m just superbly in need to voice out what I have been thinking if I’m one of the voters for this election.

Just because you got stickers, t-shirts, and a paint job, does not mean that he or she is the right candidate. It is just a mere fact that shows that your vote can be bought. It may not be money in the obvious sense, but it is, logically thinking. And fine, campaign for him all you want, but be sure to be logical, and come up with a viable reason on why we should vote for this candidate. This is the 21st century, I am certain you can come up with flowery words to tell people his or her credibility to gain a position in the government. But again, be logical. Do not tell us that we should vote for this candidate because, you know, he loves God and he is God-fearing and he is God’s servant. Come on, we are all God’s servants. We work in different ways but He sees it all and acknowledges it in His own ways. And please, we need a government official, not a pastor or a Pope. I suggest he goes to Rome. That voting is for the Vatican bishops and church officials. Not for government election. And not just because his or her mother or father or any family member has been a good government official does not necessarily put that this candidate is also going to be a good government official. That is what’s wrong with the people now these days. They hear your father was a great man, and boom, they vote for you nonchalantly. One more thing, is if this candidate is famous. I know it could be inevitable for someone in the show business if he or she suddenly realizes that he or she wants to serve the people as a government official and not as a movie actor. Now, let us not use this fame to get ahead and get voted as a governor or a mayor. (Not going to point out specifics here. You already know who they are.) And another thing, please don’t do any movies or television series when you get your spot. It is utterly frustrating that people in this generation are so dumb to vote such kind of government official, that keeps on considering offers in the entertainment industry rather than in the serving-the-people industry. Makes me feel like a sh*thead. And I hate that feeling.

So I have just a simple request to voters this year. Vote someone who you would not see making movies, or having manicures, or guesting on TV shows. Serving the people takes almost all your life, and you would not even be done with that. And they do not have time for non-serving-the-people, activities.
© Copyright 2013 orangecrayon (orangecrayon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937608-Philippine-Elections-2013