*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938084-BLND
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1938084
A teenage girl and a child run from the new society in hopes of finding others.
"Lily, it's time to get up," I said as I nudged the tiny five year old. She looked up at me tiredly, rubbing her pretty, aqua colored eyes. "Already?" she moaned. I simply smiled and nodded my head. She groaned and crawled out of her makeshift bed that was an old mattress with a sleeping bag on top of it. As the little child climbed out of bed, she laid her precious bear on the inside of the sleeping bag. Lily let out a big yawn as I got her breakfast ready. It wasn't much, as we were running low on supplies and would have to go on not only a hunt, but also a run. The little girl's breakfast would have to consist of berries and nuts again. I knew she wouldn't be happy. I pulled out one of the wooden bowls we had and put the peeled nuts and washed berries in them. I laid them in front of the girl and giggled as she let out a disgruntled growl. "Again?" she whined. "Be happy with what we have, Lilian. Don't worry, we're going to go on a hunt and a run soon." Her eyes lit up when I said that. She loved going on runs and hunts. I don't know why she found that so exciting, it's not like the little girl sat around and did nothing. Since we don't live within the center zone, things aren't easy for us. I refused to take the medicine that made you 'happy' when I was old enough to realize what I was doing, and Lily's parents tried to genetically create her to be exactly what they wanted, but she was a 'dud'. They didn't realize it until she was four, they wanted her to be loved by all and when she started preschool, she was relentlessly bullied. I walked her home everyday to protect her. Of course, it was little Lilian's fault she got bullied, so her parent's had plans made to dispose of her. It wasn't something unheard of, but I still hated it happening. And when I heard of it happening to the little girl I so adored, I wasn't going to stand for it. The night before it was supposed to happen, I sneaked into her home and 'kidnapped' her and we ran away. So now I'm a wanted criminal for saving a little girl's life. Kind of fucked up, wouldn't you say? I looked down to see that the little girl had finished her breakfast, and was choosing clothes for herself. I stooped down and picked her up and began tickling her. She giggled uncontrollably. "Trinity, what are you doing?" she managed to giggle out. "What am I doing? I think the better question is what are you doing, little miss? I told you we're going on a hunt and a run today! You need your special clothes." Her eyes, again, lit up. "Oh, yeah!" I put her down and she got her 'special' clothes out of the bag she kept all her clothes in.
© Copyright 2013 Sammy Faye (samrichards at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938084-BLND