*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938450-Her-Eyes
by Echo
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1938450
Her eyes peer into him, unforgiving. This is his fault, and there's nothing he can do now.
I killed you.

I see you lie motionless. Your eyes stare blankly at the ceiling above you.



You’re dead.

How could this be happening? Your lips are pressed lightly together. Your beautiful face turning a sick pale.




I killed you.

You’re dead because of me. Such a horrific crime, yet, I’m free. I hear sirens in my head as they come for me. But they’re not. No one is.



You’re dead.

What have I done? I can’t stand this. I hate seeing you this way. Your unmoving body limp on the floor. Your skin becoming whiter every second.




I killed you.

Your lifeless eyes stare. Right into my soul, they peer. It’s like you’re begging me; pleading for me to go back and change what I did. But I can’t. It’s over now.



You’re dead.

Your once beautiful eyes now glossy. Distant. Dead. Your lips, usually curved into an angelic smile, not anymore. Your face fixed in an unreadable expression.




I killed you.

But it’s not true. It’s not you I killed. It’s me. Gravity has you pinned against the hard floor. Never to wake again. I wish I knew before. I wish I knew that you meant it when you said you couldn’t live without me.



I killed myself.

I didn’t know that meant killing you too. You took the bottle of pain killers in your hand. The same way I had. And because of me, now you’re dead.




I killed you.

Yet I’m free. I should be taken away. Imprisoned. I was selfish, to take my own life. You’re dead. Your lifeless body sprawled on the floor. It’s my fault. A horrible crime.



I killed myself.

At first, so beautiful. Pure white all around me. I thought it was heaven. Then I saw you. No life in your beautiful eyes. I want to look away. But I can’t.



You’re dead.

This is hell. It’s different for everyone. This is my hell. Beautiful pureness surrounds me, yet, I’m made to look at you. Forever. No life left.




I killed you.

Now I have to stay in this hell. It’s not enough. Not enough for what I did. Even my own mind has become a prison. But it’s not enough. Because of me, you’re dead.



I killed myself.

Forced to stay here. I can’t look away as I start to feel sick. I’m made to memorize how your lifeless body looks. The image of your smile and your sparkling green eyes, already slipping from my mind.





Gone.

Forever.



Because of me.
© Copyright 2013 Echo (inked at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938450-Her-Eyes