*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938701-Is-Change-A-Good-Thing
Rated: · Other · None · #1938701
is change really so good? Or will it change your life?Forever?
Is Change A Good Thing?
In my life, there are many things that happen, changing this and changing that, which changes my life altogether. Where I study, where I live, which school I am in, when I take public transport home myself, so on and so forth BUT now, I want to talk about a HOT topic –is that change good, or bad?
At the age of 5, I went to Taiwan because my father had to work there instead of Taiwan for a long while. Therefore, as our family wanted to be together, our whole family went there. At first, it was difficult to accept the change, as it was two different countries, one with a good variety of temperature change, the other, always hot, but I naturally got used to it after some time. There, I made lots of good friends, have great memories and fun time together. Soon, I had only memories of Taiwan, spoke like a British, knew the harder Chinese, and was living on well, catching snails here and then with my friends, which were found anywhere, under shelves, under trees and other easy to find places. For three entire years, I had been doing that. What a cool childhood. I was never into online games, I mean, come on; I was only but 5,6 or at most 7 years old. I had only started it at… primary 4 or 5? I had a whale of a time everyday, and I treated school at that time as some where really fun, never hated waking up and definitely loved the lesson with a kind teacher I think named Sunny or something like that. I remember the first day, I was on my mother, brought to school and I was crying and wriggling when I was first brought there. One of the teachers there calmed me down and I actually managed to accept him! I also remember the times when we had these ten minutes break after each lesson and ate our food in the classroom! What wonderful days!
Unfortunately and yet fortunately, at the age of 7, I was brought back to Singapore. Here, I too had fun days, making new friends, and reliable ones at that, that is indeed fortunate, because it made me who I am today. In Taiwan, everything is easier except my mathematics. In Singapore, what was unfortunate was the day that I left, the day where my formal friends sent me off. The day where we cried and a few days after that too, when I thought about them.
Still, what I am trying to say is that changes can be good or bad. It does not necessarily be bad, or be good. In some cases, like my own, it’s both. So, I am going to talk about it more.
Changes like mine are good and bad, because it gives me a new experience, new friends, new beginning, refreshed and going to start from scratch in a new country, place. As for the bad, it is that I am unfamiliar and different from others, extraordinary and weird to others, though they would accept me in the end, but that takes time and effort. I also need time to settle down.
So, good or bad depends, think through it, weigh the goodness and then the badness, like how I did, and decide for yourself, or ask someone about it. Good luck!!!
© Copyright 2013 Mila Rachman (rebecscraps at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938701-Is-Change-A-Good-Thing