*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939197-God-Changes-Caterpillars-to-Butterflies
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1939197
Random thoughts, informal blog post
God changes caterpillars into butterflies, sand into pearls, and coal into diamonds, using time and pressure... He's working on you too. (Rick Warren)

I saw this quote on facebook or pinterest or somewhere the other day, and couldn’t get it out of my head. Well, a butchered up version of it anyway. I finally took the time to look it up, get it right, and determine that the source of the quote was none other than Rick Warren.
From the moment I saw it though, I immediately thought of Malachi 3:3, where the Word speaks of God sitting as a refiner of silver. It all makes sense. While I don’t believe that God sends bad stuff our way, I do believe with all my heart that He works everything for our good (Romans 8:28). Like a good parent, I suspect that He often allows consequences of our free will or just life in general to follow a natural progression. Rather than intervening to rescue us like we wish He would, He uses those events – the good and the bad – to teach us, to refine us, to transform us.
If you’ll think back over your life, you may realize that it was through your trials that you grew and evolved. This should come as no surprise, as it is clearly backed up in scripture. James tells us to “consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:2-4, NIV) Likewise, Paul indicates in Romans 5:3-4 that “we also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” (NIV)
None of us wants to go through hard times. But when we find ourselves smack-dab in the middle of one, we can rest assured that God will use it to cultivate something in us that will please Him and that will help us or someone else later on. Time and pressure. Not always comfortable, but amazing results!
© Copyright 2013 MommaK2012 (mommak2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939197-God-Changes-Caterpillars-to-Butterflies