*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940149-5050
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1940149
School "coming of age" in flash memories.
50:50

Maths: 100%.

         She first walked into the class this morning.
         The burly registration teacher with sideburns like Noddy Holder hadn’t call for order yet, probably because he was busy nursing his Monday hangover;  so, in the bustle, She sat nervously at the empty desk nearest the front of the room; and was immediately intercepted by ‘The School Trip’ crew - the teacher’s pet girls, who never did anything against the rules… or fun.

Physics: 93%.

         She smiled at me for the first time today.
         I should’ve plucked up the courage to say something earlier, but She’s really pretty; and not snidey about it - like ‘The Beautiful Ones’ are.  Sure, as soon school was over her blouse would be untucked from her trousers, like every other kid’s; it’s just a shame that the girls don’t have to wear skirts anymore.

Chemistry: 80%.

         I dropped the ball.
         Running home free down the wing; then I noticed Her on the side line, She laughed and said something cheeky - then out of nowhere Bryan Tanner spear tackled the air out of me.  He was one of those sporty types; talented enough not to be a bully, but committed so much it hurt.
         When I woke up She was gone .

Geography: 71%.

         I’ve started smoking behind the woods after school.
         It’s not because She’s there; though to be honest, I can’t think of any other reason why I’d hangout with some of these dropouts, who don’t even understand social concepts like minimum wage or banking.  I try my best to explain by using terms like ‘inflation’.  She smiles a half worried/half comical grin, before I get irate and Their blank stares turn to closed fists.
         
English: 47%.

         She’s gone.
         Her family’s moved four-hundred miles north to Scotland; Her dad’s got a new job in a chemical plant.  I got my first snog behind the bike sheds as a goodbye present.

Biology: 93%.



OBL Richards          
© Copyright 2013 OBL Richards (oblrichards at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940149-5050