*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940221-Omni-Rex-Mentis-initium
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1940221
He didn't ask for this to happen to himself but it did and he can't do anything or can he?
Prolouge - The Facility

Newton, GA

October 03, 2013
7:35 a.m.
James age-16


          *Crown*  James slowly awoke and groaned to the rich pain emanating from his forehead. "Ugghh" said James as he reached to soothe his pain with his hand but soon was startled to see his hand did not move an inch. "What....?" said James as he realized his arm and hand was strapped to a table as was the rest of his body. James, scared out of his mind, did not notice the tattoo on his chest that read property of "The Facility". Still in panic mode, James asked, " Hello!?!? Where am I?!? Help Me!?!?"

"Calm down." said a new voice. As James did what he was told, he asked "Where am I, and what's going on?"
"It's ok. You are just in the holding room and you're strapped down so you don't go berserk and hurt yourself." lied the mysterious voice.

"Can you let me out? I need to get home. Please...it's my birthday." asked James. "I'm sorry but I can't." said the voice.
"Why not?" demanded James, as he started to struggle against the metal reinforced leather straps.

"Because you're never allowed to leave, and I wouldn't do that if I were you." said the voice noticing James' struggle.
'Why?' wondered James before he was shocked to near unconsciousness.

"Please don't struggle." pleaded the voice, "Let me introduce myself, I am Dr. Richmond and I am your caretaker." said the doctor with an ominous smile as he turned on the light revealing himself.

The man was an average caucasian American man with dark brown hair and eyes. He had a scar running from the edge of his right eyebrow to his cheek. His gentle voice did not match his tough and callous exterior.

"You can not leave for you are a danger to those around you." said the doctor. "Please, I just want to see my family." pleaded James. "Why?" asked  Dr. Richmond. "They are the reason you're here." smiled Richmond. "What?!?" said James.

"Don't you remember? It was yesterday when the tragic event occured. You fainted at your house and started to emit high levels of deadly energy. Anyone who came in contact with you disintegrated. Unfortunately, your sister was the one who found out the hard way and died because of you." said the doctor as he smirked evilly.

'NO.................' thought James, "That couldn't have happened! I don't believe you!" screamed James as sparks began to fly off of him unnoticed to anyone but the doctor.

"Oh, but it's true for your family was scared of you. They called you a monster and a freak for killing their little girl." said Dr. Richmond. "They wouldn't say that! They wouldn't do that!" yelled James. "Ahh, but they did and they gladly handed you over so you wouldn't hurt anybody else. Face it.....you're a dangerous freak and they don't want you." said the doctor.

"Nooo...."sobbed James. "It's ok." said Dr. Richmond. "Everyone will be safe including you since you're in here. We start research and "training" tomorrow." said the doctor as he left the room. Then the lights cut off and James cried himself to sleep that day. "Trust me, you'll be worried about more "important" things when im done with you." said the doctor as he manically laughed down the hallway.*Skull*

----------------------------------------------------------------Chapter break------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One - Into the Void aka Day One

Newton, GA

October 04, 2013
8:37 a.m.
James age-16


           *Crown*  James awoke to an almost criplling electrocution. James, paralyzed by the electricity and pain, couldn't form any words as he cried out silently in agony. As the pain subsided, he painfully looked up to see a smirking Dr. Richmond. "That is what will happen if you do not wake up on time at 8:30," cooed Dr. Richmond evilly. James got up angry and said, "Back the f*** off and leave me alone!" Then the doctor just smiled evilly and then said, "Looks like you're ready for your first lesson." Then he pulled out a hightech electric whip and whipped him until he heard James' bloodcurdling screams, that awoke even the heaviest of sleepers in the city that was 25 miles outside the Facility. "Do you think you understand the lesson now or do you need another test?" asked the doctor. Using every bit of energy he had left, he growled out, "No..." The doctor said, "Good! Now, let's move on."

James struggled to get up through the pain to follow the doctor into the next room. As they were walking through the hallway, he noticed there were a lot of people working in the Facility. James assumed they were working on things beside him in the Facility. In the next room, James saw there was a surgical table underneath an unsual machine. A person in a light blue lab coat tossed him some clothes and said," Put these on, and get on the table."

He proceeded to get onto the table and cringed as the cold metal table came in contact with the wounds on his back. As the man exited the room cuffs emerged from the table and restrained him. James struggled to no avail to break free form the table. "Aww poor James." said a voice. "You remebered what happened last time you struggled." chuckled the voice. James recognized the voice which belonged to Dr. Richmond as he was being electrocuted by the restraints. The doctor continued to laugh sadisticly at James' persistant struggle with the same consequencial electrocution and after four minutes he fell into unconsciousness.



Chapter Two - The Escape

Newton, GA

2 years later...

October 04, 2015
8:30 a.m.
James age-18


           *Crown*  "Wakie Wakie your majesty!" said Dr. Richmond hinting to the tattoo James had which, upon forming a year ago, were the latin words "Omni Rex" in a golden crown on his back. "It's time for your last assessment of your powers and strengths." beamed the doctor. "Last?" questioned James in a military monotone voice he developed over the past two years. "Are you questioning me?" deadpanned the doctor. James kept his emotionless face, but flinched on the inside at the doctor's words in fear of what usually happened after the previous times he questioned his caretaker.

*Watch*-------------FLASHBACK-------------*Film*
"Wow you must be tired from the assessment but too bad you have to start your martial arts training." said the doctor. "Why?" asked James, not understanding why he needed this type of training, for one it did not have anything to do with his freshly assessed powers and two he was in no condition to do anything on account of the numerous bleeding cuts on his body. Suddenly angered, Dr. Richmond pulls out the whip, "How dare you question me!" said Richmond as he started to "discipline" James with the electric whip for the third time that day which would add to the numerous scars that plagued his body from other punishments. "I'm sorry!" pleaded James for the punishment to end. "Good." said the doctor. "Now get to the training room." commanded the caretaker. "Yes sir." said James with a familiar emotionless voice.
*Watch*-------------END FLASHBACK-------------*Film*

"I'm just messing with you." chuckled the doctor to James as he seemed let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding. "After this, you are going to be put to work as an asset to the highest bidder." said Dr. Richmond to the stunned James. "Yes my dear boy. What do you think all the training was for? To help you? Please." sarcastically said the doctor. James secretly already knew this but just didn't want to believe it. He gave up his dream of escape along time ago. So James followed the doctor as instructed. The caretaker picked up his electronic touch clipboard and went to James's profile. "So James, have you perfected your flying yet?" asked the doctor. James nodded stoicly. 

"Excellent!" said the doctor. James draws in a  quiet breath as the doctor stepped back. Then, a slight breeze swept around as he began to lift off of the ground. Once airbourne, he slowly rotated and glided back down. "Ok. I'm going to update your profile." 'It seems that his abilities are tied to his power so as he grows, his imagination should present new abilities.' explained the doctor to himself. James' face remained stagnant in thought. He could see his profile on the doctor's clipboard it read:

Subject - James Stone
Power - Unknown
Strength - Class 25 - 50*
Agility - Superhuman
Speed - Superhuman**
Intelligence - Class 10***


As James approached the first machine to begin the assessment, he thought deeply about his future. He realized that he is going to be used for, but what could he do? He was a broken spirit, not to mention and emotional wreck; plus he wouldn't dare turn on his caretaker. Anywhere he went, he would cause disaster. The outside world was and unknown place to him now and with his emotions that needed to be in check constatly who knows what could happen. He would forever be doomed to just be the monster he is. Then he remembered.....

*Watch*-------------FLASHBACK-------------*Film*
"Well you have a good night's sleep James." said Dr. Richmond sadistically to a bleeding and scarred James. James couldn't respond so he just crawled to his bed which was just a mat in the corner. "See you tomorrow. We have much to do you freak." said Dr. Richmond evilly as he left the room. As James got to his bed, he cursed that damned doctor, as sparks flew off him which caused some pain, and vowed he get out of here one day to show his parents that he was not a monster."Wait for me Mom and Dad. I'm coming." said James weakly as he drifted into unconsciousness.
*Watch*-------------END FLASHBACK-------------*Film*

How could he have forgotten? How could he lose sight of his goal? How could he let them break him? He had a promise to keep and wouldn't break it now. He turned and looked at the doctor with pure hatred, but then quickly calmed himself, as sparks flew off of him due to his powers, to think of a plan. As the doctor finished up on the clipboard, he turned to see as ever stoic James. "What's wrong James my boy? Today is a good day!" asked the doctor. James said, "I'm sorry I'm leaving." Why?" asked a smirking confused Richmond. Then James smiled for the first time ever in two years and said, "Because I'm leaving, but I'm not becoming a monster."

With that, the doctor began to laugh. "HAH LEAVE? AHAHAHAHAHAH!!! You must be stupid because one, I turned the nullifier on its highest setting; you're not going anywhere but into that transport. Second, you can't defy me; you're just a pathetic weakling, who killed his sister! You can't leave freak. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" said Dr. Richmond with venom in every word. Then James clenched his fist but held a deadpan face saying, "See if you can stop me." With this, James picked up a weight disc and threw it towards the ceiling. As it cleanly went through the roof you could hear a distinct powering down noise of a machine. "Yes, you shut down my powers but not my strength, that's natural." said James as he broke down the door and fled to the hallways.

As he approached the door to the outside he was caught in the back by the doctors electric whip. "AHHH!!" James cried as he fell to the ground under the doctors' repeated strikes. " How dare you defy me you worthless freak?! I gave you purpose and control and this is how you repay me? Next time, I won't let you have a choice, I'll just control you like a robot. After your "adjustment", we'll pay a visit to your parents so we could show them just how much of a monster you are!" "No." muttered James through clenched teeth still under attack. "No? Ok then. Since you continue to defy me, I'll let you see your handy work after you killed your family!" laughed the doctor evilly.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!" screamed James as he stood up, suddenly causing the doctor to stumble back against the wall. James turned to the doctor with clenched fists at his sides. Richmond saw that James' irises have turned golden and had black electricity sparking all over him. In that same instance, James lifted his hand towards the ceiling and a golden disc formed that also showcased black electricity. With this, James slammed his hand into the ground and caused a massive and blinding explosion, which tore apart the entire building along with anything else in a 250 yard radius.

James looked up (whose eyes have turned back to its normal blue color) to see a huge crater. He did not see the doctor anywhere in site. So, on that note, he flew to the nearest town to find a place to sleep. A minute after James took off, the doctor pulled himself out of the dirt bloodied and in pain to say, "I will find you... and then break... you.." as he fell into unconsciousness. As James found an abondoned building to sleep in, one wipsy translucent figure watched him in in the distance and dissappeared.
"Is that him?" asked one female voice pointing to the frozen image on the glass cube. "Yes." answered a male voice. "He could be just like us. Hopefully, we can meet him soon." said the male voice again with a warm smile. The three of the the four other figures cheered while the final figure gave a small smile.  *House*

Author's notes - * class 25 through 50 means he can lift 25 to 50 tons, ** he really fast but not Flash fast, *** on a 1 to 14 scale 14 being omnipotent so James can pretty much solve anything such as equations and other complexities.

----------------------------------------------------------------Chapter break------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three - Alone...

Albany, GA

October 5, 2015
11:45 a.m.
James age- 18



           *Crown*  After a day of flying and walking around, James figured out that he was in Albany. It was at least 180 miles from his home in Atlanta but at least he's in the same state. However, if that wasn't enough the Facility had sent out a false warning about James. This made it difficult for him to sit in one spot for very long. Every so often he would be verbally and physically assaulted by random people. They would judge him based on that message and call him "freak" or "demon". They would belittle him and ban him from places. Sometimes it was hard to find a place to sleep. They would even throw stones at him. The one that got to him the most was when people called him "monster". Unfortunately, this came from people he would help with little things or muggings, but it all ended the same. When they realize who he is, they run away in fear or disgust, shouting that word. Every time it broke, his mind and psyche further, further and further, which added many emotional scars along side his physical ones.

He could imagine their thoughts – What is it doing here? What's wrong with him?, Freak!, Monster!. He couldn't take their glaring faces, so he ran. You couldn't  see it in his stoic face, but it hurt him deeply for it reminded him of his early years even before the Facility. As he moved, the violence towards him grew. It hit its peak as he made his way to Macon. On multiple occasion, groups of people attacked him with anything they could get. "You should die you worthless freak! You're just a stupid monster that somebody like me has to kill! You don't belong here!! No matter what you do or where you go you'll be nothing but a pathetic, worthless, monster freak!" screamed a big man with a crooked nose and jaw at James.

"You're lying! That's not true!! Stop, stop, STOP!" the boy screamed, but they didn't. They kept coming toward him, calling him a freak, monster, worthless, and pathetic killing him with words as they were trying with their weapons. He let the tears fall down is emotionless face, beacause deep down he believed knew that they were right. No matter what he did, he'll always be something unwanted- a monster freak. As the mob got him down to the alley's dead end, some one tried to hit him with an Indiana Jones styled whip. At the sight of this, something in James' mind snap, like a feeble twig coming under the weight of a giant boulder.

"I will not be broken!!" screamed James in an unnaturally deep voice as his eyes started to change color. All of the weapons began to float around him and spin as he clenched his fist. Suddenly, he opened his hand and everything around him, besides the people, disintegrated. They started to run, fearing for their lives, as James had the man with the whip in a weird position. He was stretching his body, using his god-like powers.  James began to levitate off the ground.

"Please let me go!!" cried the man as he was stretched to near limitation in agony as James laughed evilly. "You're a monster." said the man right before he was sure he was going to be ripped apart but suddenly fell to the ground as James gasped deeply.

He held both of his clenched fists on his head in frustration and gritted his teeth as he tried to control himself. If he looked up, you could see his eyes flicker from gold to his normal blue color. In his head, he was having a hard time controlling his power. Then he heard several disembodied voices talk in unison.

"We will not go back. Nos non confringetur. We will not be controlled by anyone!!" "Who are you?" James struggled to ask."Ego potestatem, I am also you." "please you have too stop." pleaded James. "No! They will bring us back and you are too weak to stop them." No one will bring us back! you are hurting innocent people. You must trust me. I don't want to go back either but you have to stop. I am strong enough to protect us." reasoned James. "No! You are too weak! I will protect what is important to us." "How about this if I cant handle something you can do it until then back the fuck off!!" commanded James getting mad. "Hmmm... very well then if you wish to keep me calm you must control your emotions. 'till then "quare da operam meus rex....." said the fading voice.

James did not like dealing with his voices in his head. James opened his eyes and looked up to see he was alone and was still in the alley where he was attacked. Then he remembered everything that just happened and what he had to do to prevent it from happening again but he could care less because he was one bus ride away from his hometown and the stop to his house. So off he went to the bus stop

Day later......

James steps off the bus to a familiar sight. "Oh my gosh.." gasped james as he looked up to see a familiar neighborhood sign. "I'm finally home." said James as small tears began to fall. he wasted no time and sprinted full "human" speed home. As he got to the front door he slowed. He slowly brought his hand to the door as if the weight of the world were on them an knocked.

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

The door opened to reveal a women in hey early forties who began to cry at the
sight of the person in front of her. "Hey mom." said James through tears. The only response she could give to her son she has not seen in two year was a heartfelt hug which he returned equally.

As they let go a man came from in the house a embraced them both again. "Hey dad." said James still tears. "Hello my son." said James' dad. All three of the went inside to the living room where they all sat down while James told almost his whole story, but he left out what happened after he left the Facility. Even so every word was like a dagger to his parents. How could they send their own son through this much pain. What's worse they were about to do it again.

"We are so sorry you went through that James." said his mom. "It's ok I'm just glad we can be together again." said James with the biggest smile he had in years even prior to being in the Facility. His mom then look at his dad who hung his head in shame. "What's wrong?" asked James still in an ecstatic mood. His father then stood up and walked to the counter. when he returned he handed James a box. James recognized it as the box he got from when his family took a trip to St. Augustine, Fl. It was a miniature wooden treasure box which was a bit bigger than a shoe box.

When he opened it the contents were his journal which was a black book with a lock on it, his chain necklace that had the key to the journal and a new locket on it, an envelope, his arm bands, and finally his father's watch.

"Why are you giving me this?" asked James with a sudden and saddened look of confusion. His father answered, "We are giving this to you.... because... you cant stay." he said this as he was in tears, "You are to dangerous to take care of anymore." said his mom which she felt was the worse pain she could ever fell. At that moment James felt his heart just completely shatter along with his hopes. James put up a fake smile and said, "Oh well... I knew it was... to good to be true. Well before I go can I go get something from my room?" asked James. His parents nodded. He walked up the stairs to turn the corner into his room. He made his way to the objects of interest, which was a jet black 5" cylindrical case and his Mp3, without hesitation to avoid looking at his room. If he did stop he would burst into tears seeing what he was forced to leave behind.

As made it down the stairs his parents hugged and kissed numerous times. As they let go his father said it was time to go. James was led out to the door and they all hugged for last time and James wished this would last for eternity but alas it ended he proceeded to walk down the street. His dad closed the door carried his wife to bed who passed out from crying.

James made it to the end of the street before he fell to his knees and started crying. What would he do now? He was without hope. He looked in his box and took out that envelope. Inside he found 6 gift cards, 5 for $100, and one with an unknown amount and a note which read:

Dear James,
          We are so sorry for what we put you through. We want you to know we will always love you no matter what. we wish you good luck where ever you go and be safe our beautiful child.
                                                                                                                                                        Your loving parents
                                                                                                                                                            Karen & Lewis
P.S. look at the locket *SuitHeart*


After he read that he wiped his tears and opened the locket which was around his neck. It had a picture of his family including his deceased sister when they were at St. Augustine.  On the other half was engraved and said, "Together Forever Always". he everything back in the box and reached for the mp3. As he grabbed it his hand brushed past the black case. "Never again you promised her." he muttered to himself as he put in his earphones. He turned it to "Demons by Imagine Dragons. He took off into the sky as the song began the play with a face void of emotion.

30 minutes later.....

Back at the house the Stone family is in bed. both with a look of sadness. "He will be alright my dear." said Lewis comforting his wife with a loving embrace. "I hope so Lewis, I hope so..." said Karen as they kissed, but when they did the entire house burst into flames. however as sudden as it came the fire immediately died down. all that was left was were bits of house, ashes and their wedding rings whose titanium alloy survived the fire side by side. These event occur unbeknownst to James who was about 20 miles away in Atlantic station.
"Target destroyed sir." said a lone figure on a hill a mile away looking through binoculars with a detonator on his hip talking to a radio. "Do you see the boy?" said a familiar voice. "Negative." said the lone agent. You could hear the person on the other end of the radio yell. "Fine return to the Facility." said the voice. The agent responded, "Yes sir Dr. Richmond."*Fire*


----------------------------------------------------------------Chapter break------------------------------------------------------------------
© Copyright 2013 O.A. King (dbzfan2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940221-Omni-Rex-Mentis-initium