*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940350-Calling-of-Destiny
by Will
Rated: · Novel · Fanfiction · #1940350
Another golden one has fallen but a hundred years later another is born.
One Hundred Years Ago

Her long, golden hair was blown around her face by an unheard wind. She stood on a hill, looking down on the building with gleaming, golden eyes. Resting on the girls hip was a longsword with intricate silver lines along the black hilt. Two simple broadswords were encased in leather, and were strapped to her back. Behind the girl the sky flashed with reds and pinks as the sun drifted below the horizon.

Closing her eyes, she tilted her head back towards the heavens and sent her last prayer of hope. She snapped her glimmering eyes open and bounded down the hill. Drawing her broadswords she prepared herself for her final battle. Unseen creatures flowed from the shadows created by the decomposing building. A terrifying battle cry leaped off the girls lips, making the creatures freeze for only a moment but that was all the time she needed. By the time the creatures even realized what was going on the small girl had already slain three of their fastest men. Her broadswords were a blur, the creatures she attacked had no time to defend themselves before her one of her swords embedded itself into it's body.

The girl was soon surrounded by a hundred creatures, but she was still defending and attacking with ease. One of her broadswords laid smashed on the blood stained dirt and her other was deep in a creatures torso. Swiftly she removed her long sword from its scabbard, holding it lightly in both hands she struck out at the creatures like a whirl wind bringing death to all those that were near. Over half the creatures were killed in this young girls furry, but she was tiring.

A creature took a chance and jump at the girl while her back was turned. She felt the cold, hard metal enter her back and slide through her and into her heart. Blinding pain filled her mind as she dropped to the ground. She had completed what she had set out to do, and with that happy thought in her mind, her life finally ended. Her once shinning, golden eyes now turn a hard dull gold; her soft wondrous hair was matted with her drying blood. The girls soul left her body and slowly drifted towards the stars becoming one with the night sky, for this young, beautiful girl was a brave and skilled warrior who paid with her life so her race could have a chance to win the war against these gruesome creatures.
© Copyright 2013 Will (wolveseye98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940350-Calling-of-Destiny