*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940699-Manor-Of-Dreams
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1940699
This family is about to live in their dream home. Or are they?
Lock, Sally and Cal moved into Transon Manor. It was really cheap, so Lock bought it. Lock saw the manor rising in the distance. It was dark and intimidating. Even the early summer sunlight didn’t seem to affect the manor. From the back seat, there was the sound of Cal using his inhaler.
“You OK there, champ?”
“Yeah, just tired. Is that it?”
The electronic gate opening answered his question. When it had finished opening, the sunlight seemed to disappear. Lock drove his car into the driveway. Alyssa, the real estate agent, was waiting. After a short conversation, Alyssa gave Lock the key.
“May I use the bathroom before I leave?”
“Go ahead.”
Alyssa quickly walked inside. Lock and Cal started to remove bags from their car. Sally took pictures of the forest surrounding the manor. A scream sounded from the manor.
“Cal, stay here with your mother.”
Lock went inside.
- - -
Alyssa washed her hands in the bathroom. She looked into the mirror.
“This family is so demanding. I can’t wait to leave.”
She began to leave. She heard what sounded like a blender in the kitchen. Quietly, she snuck into the kitchen, hoping that it was just kids playing around. Or was it…no it couldn’t be. She rounded the corner. Nobody was there. She crossed the kitchen. Her hand tingled as she raised it to the blender. Then, a powerful force pushed her face forward. She let out a scream.
- - -
Lock saw her foot in the doorway. He dashed over to check on her.
“Alyssa? Alyssa? You OK?”
She was lying face down. There was blood over the walls. He flipped her over. Lock dashed to the sink and vomited. Alyssa’s face was greatly sliced and her skull was visible. Her eyes were completely red. Then, he saw it. A reflection of a greatly disfigured person in the window. He couldn’t take it. He dashed outside and threw the bags into the car. He pushed Cal and Sally into the car. He started the car, then, he drove the car through the gate.
“We are getting the hell out of here!’
The manor then shrunk from view.
Is this…
The end?
© Copyright 2013 ZanaTheCute (zanathecute at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940699-Manor-Of-Dreams