*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941085-Our-Last-Hope
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1941085
He is there last hope for survival.
I had to use these three words-rust, symbol, wrist
300 words or less.
---------
  Warren dismounted his horse as quiet as he could, attempting not to wake the sleeping Ranger that lay inside the small cabin. Of course, that was impossible, the man had the ears of a animal, always listening for the next noise.

  Leaves crunched beneath the young man's feet as the crisp night air forced him to pull his cloak tighter around himself.  The metal from his Ranger symbol felt like ice against his skin. That made him want to turn around and go home even more than before. He never wanted to come here and deliver the dreadful news, but if he didn't, who else would?

  Warren looked up as the door creaked open and Bennet revealed himself. He held a dagger in one hand and a rust covered lantern in the other, ready to attack. The old man was paranoid. When he saw that it was the young messenger, he relaxed, "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

  Warren sighed and nervously grabbed at his wrist as he moved passed the old man and into the cramped room to find warmth. "We need you, there's been some trouble in the valley. Lord Barkley has broken down the barrier we built. The kingdom will soon be overrun with his people if you decide not to help us." Warren lifted his head and looked him in the eye, making sure to get his point across. "Please. You're our last hope."
© Copyright 2013 phoenixfire1 (randig at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941085-Our-Last-Hope